MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been wearing mine every single day since I got it (bar maybe 3 days) and have recently been wearing it with either the chambray or a thick henley or crewneck under it.

It really depends on how you would like to wear it, if you go for the fitted "shirt" look yours is a little roomy, but if you want to wear it as a top layer or kind of a jacket then it will allow for that easily.

And I wouldn't worry about the cuffs up or down, just flip 'm whenever you feel like it!

Enjoy!

very nice shirt Arizor:). can't +rep

Thanks mate, don't worry about rep, I don't even know what it does.

With the vertical length, can any other owners give me tips on what they do with their CPO shirts? I find it to be slightly excessive. At 6'2 it still hangs down to just cover my crotch.

I plan un either tucking mine in, or just trimming the bottom a bit and then resewing the bottom. I'm 5'10" and it seems likes it gonna be down to my thighs. But I'm gonna do a bunch of stuff to try and get a ton of shrinkage out of it, like, overshrink it haha

I am considering the trimming idea.

Apropos tucking in, someone requested a photo on another forum, so thought I might as well post it here for anyone wondering about what it looks like:

3395494b0ee2df8a50371760c673c73c12af297.jpg

Not so sure on the tucking in myself. I tried with mine and the fabric feels too thick to be comfortable. I have to say though, in just three weeks the denim has softened up quite a bit.

Will this line be re-stocked? or is that it for this seasons collection?

Looking forward to seeing some new pieces but sure going to miss these, destined to become classics imo.

Not so sure on the tucking in myself. I tried with mine and the fabric feels too thick to be comfortable. I have to say though, in just three weeks the denim has softened up quite a bit.

This is true, the fabric is quite thick and doesn't make for the most comfortable fit for your jeans. How have you countered the vertical length Slub? Or have you just let it hang?

Mine is already softening up on the 2nd day of wear, can't wait until it really softens and all the slubs start popping up.

I don't find the length too bad on mine. (I bought a Large and i'm 5'11'' btw). After a hot soak it shrank in length by an inch and a half plus the bottom curls up. And the fibres are really starting to pop out, the denim develops every week, amazing stuff. I have no fit pics yet but will post some if I get a chance.

I don't find the length too bad on mine. (I bought a Large and i'm 5'11'' btw). After a hot soak it shrank in length by an inch and a half plus the bottom curls up. And the fibres are really starting to pop out, the denim develops every week, amazing stuff. I have no fit pics yet but will post some if I get a chance.

Please post fit pics asap, it's always good to see more pics of people in their CPO shirt.

Yeah it's not ridiculously long, but long enough that I'm worried about it. Maybe I'll give it a hot machine wash an dry, perhaps the hour hot soak wasnt enough.

Just thrown the shirt in for a hot wash (no detergent of course) and hour tumble dry to shrink the vertical length a bit.

God I hope it doesn't make it too tight on the chest... I'll update afterwards if anyone is interested in the results.

edit: Whoa akuma. When you say hot wash do you mean 40 or 60? I've put it on 40 to err on the side of caution.

Ok chaps, here it is after a 40 wash and 100 minutes in the dryer (my dryer is *shit* though, so for a decent dryer try nearer 60 minutes). Definitely helped the vertical length, and the denim rolling is welcome. Seems just about the right length now:

3400599e9362ecf6023812d739d5fe89f14cc81.jpg

They have them here in w34 & 36

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/sanesu-j/sc47161-421/

Too large, sadly. I'm out for purchases anyway until I sell all of the EG that I have.

Great fits on the CPOs, everyone! I definitely think it looks better untucked. Based on my experience with the peacoat, I'd recommend not getting overzealous on the soaking and drying at first. The denim will shrink pretty quickly in a HOT soak, so give it a soak while monitoring it by measuring something like sleeve or body length every few minutes. Then, when it is at a point where you think it might work, let it hang dry a bit and try it on damp. If it needs further shrinking, try another hot soak and/or some drying a little at a time... If it shrinks up too short, there's pretty much no going back.

The "shrinks one full size" we have been advising people was based on me hothothot soaking and afterwards throwing mine in the dryer.

So unless people plan on boiling the shit out of it and throwing it in an industrial dryer it should be ok, really.

However I could afford the full shrinkage, so if you're unsure about that do be careful at first.

ps, Bill if you read this, you either owe us your pinky, or some better pics of the deck pants! STAT!