MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riders Dungarees II (The Deuce)

I could fit the sz. 30 but wound up upsizing to a 32 owing to a lack of odd sizing, the minimally-stretching-reinforced-waistband, and all-around comfort. Then I did two hot (wash-bagged) machine rinses for much shrinkage. My softest spot has always been for trouser-style denims, so these are undoubtedly my favorite jeans in years, although the suspender buttons pose a kinda belt problem, and uncuffed they tend toward a sort of flared silhouette thanks to the map pockets. Dig the new ticking fabric (and even cooler, that they retained the plaid for the watch pocket).

Pre-soak...

CIMG0470.jpg

CIMG0475.jpg

CIMG0467.jpg

CIMG0473.jpg

And post...

CIMG0478.jpg

CIMG0480.jpg

^New Riders bear suspender buttons, like Midnight + Chino Riders. They also use deadstock, French, ticking fabric instead of the plaid madras for all but the watch-pocket, pocket bags; and to line the pull tabs. Lastly, they have what MF says is a `slightly` higher rise, but to me seems just shy of an inch; so slightly more than slightly,

Sadly, map pockets are retained, but I figure they could probably be removed by any half-decent tailor, not that I would.

Removing the map pockets would be a pain in the ass since they are sewn into the outseam. Plus, aren't they riveted?

Call me crazy, but if someone had a size 40 Buzz Rickson 1910 pea coat, I just might trade my MFSC Liberty Issue pea coat for it....

Just to make a quick correction to the below post.. The original Riders Dungarees did not use plaid madras fabric for the pocket bags or back pocket lining but instead used the same covert (salt and pepper) material used in the original release Mechanics Shirt. And both the Riders Dungarees and the Riders Dungarees II use the plaid fabric for the watch/coin pocket.

So the Riders Dungarees II swap the covert fabric (sad to see that because the covert fabric was one of my favorite details on my pair) in the pocket bags/back pocket lining for French Cotton Ticking, adds suspenders buttons, and makes the rise slightly higher (good for bulkier guys such as myself).

^New Riders bear suspender buttons, like Midnight + Chino Riders. They also use deadstock, French, ticking fabric instead of the plaid madras for all but the watch-pocket, pocket bags; and to line the pull tabs. Lastly, they have what MF says is a `slightly` higher rise, but to me seems just shy of an inch; so slightly more than slightly,

Sadly, map pockets are retained, but I figure they could probably be removed by any half-decent tailor, not that I would.

Thanks Paul. Might be almostnice! Hehe

The bag is Klein tools established in I think 1950's, it is Erics work bag.

Can't wait to see the riders in a month or so, he will beat the shit out of them due to his job.