MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's too bad. Did you decide it just didn't suit you?

Too long if I size up to get the right fit in the chest...no way to make it work well. I found something else from the line that does a good job of taking its place, and fits me very well. Will post some pictures soon.

Some infos if SF wil restock MFxSC 6oz. denim utility shirt...!?

if you mean this one:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=74&products_id=293

than the answer is a straight forward "never"!

that is a piece from a few seasons back. only way to get it is actually deadstock in some shops and the mfsc la shop itself.

if you know your size, some of the peeps around here might direct to a shop still holding it just for you ...

I was actually looking for that one a few months ago, but not too hard. I recall that the LA shop only had L, XL and XXL in stock at the time. If you call them up, there's a chance they've still got one for you.

I'd definitely be interested in learning about any mediums floating around.

A silly picture of me at work, with my utility chambray working quite well with a tie and waistcoat. If the waistcoats weren't made out of sweatshirt material, our dresscode would be absolutely perfect!

20458458.jpg

Give it to me straight - is the CPO at all breathable? I live in hot ass Austin, Texas. This is seriously the most beautiful shirt I have ever seen but if I can only wear it a couple of months out of the year because it's more like a jacket, that's harder to justify dropping $400 on.

Damn it's beautiful though...

...screw it. I ordered the CPO anyway. Won't be able to rock it right now, but in a few months a light jacket/overshirt will be decent wear for the evenings....plus people were ragging on me for wearing the same light jacket over and over this past winter. Did I mention the CPO is the most beautiful shirt I have ever seen?

Yes - we wear light jackets throughout the winter here.

For those with the Chambray utility shirt. About how much does the shirt shrink. I bought a large and it could stand to shrink at least an inch in the chest.

So, have any of you who are interested in the more ridiculously nerdy aspects of this line done much looking at the different issue dates throughout the collection. I have always been interested, as the day of issue for the 7161s and the 7161mds April 11, happens to be my birthday. Here are the dates from the pieces I have:

Shirt, Chambray, Utility: DEC 31, 1935

Trousers, Utility (7161md): APR 11, 1932

Jacket, Man's, Shore: JUL, 4th, 1942

What do you guys have?

Well, my CPO should arrive on Friday. Until then I get to stress about whether or not it was wise to go with the medium.

I feel the same way, except I am worried about mine being too wide, I bought the large. I wear a 40 in my flathead shirts, but I wanted it to be a little oversized for the fall and winter.

I feel the same way, except I am worried about mine being too wide, I bought the large. I wear a 40 in my flathead shirts, but I wanted it to be a little oversized for the fall and winter.

I generally wear a 40 in my Flat Head shirts (40 in Black Mint grid shirt is a little short in the sleeves, 42 in houndstooth because the batch ran small), My chest measures 39" and I have the CPO in large. I bought it used and haven't given it a proper soak yet, but the chest measures 44" (22" pit-to-pit). It fits me perfectly as an overshirt. I think you'll be very happy with the fit.

Come to think of it. I love the fact that a Frenchman, imported to the states, does replicas of vintage American military garments and workwear, and a Japanese company does most of the manufacturing. Ain't nothin more american than outsourcing.

@ rnrswitch - it does bum me out the stuff isn't actually made in America, but it's still top quality

and @happy hooligan - the mulhulland master is pretty much an almost replica of a Barbour international motorcycle jacket but in jungle cloth instead of waxed cotton

@ rnrswitch - it does bum me out the stuff isn't actually made in America, but it's still top quality

and @happy hooligan - the mulhulland master is pretty much an almost replica of a Barbour international motorcycle jacket but in jungle cloth instead of waxed cotton

Personally I'd go with the Barbour... it's the original.

Is that shot of guy with steve mcqueen wearing the barbour?