Newbie need help deciding!

beerkc

the link posted is REAL deal Japan evisu, not the euro market shit, and its the premium model too. No 1 and No 2 are actually fucken cool jeans..but the gulls are so played now that what u wanna do is get them from the store itself and choose the no-gulls option. I had No 2s back in the day (ebayed when everyone in Sydney had the gulls on their ass from about 2002 onward, I regret ebaying em actually) and I got a pair of samurais 3 months back..I`d have to say the evisus were better quality denim...at least I liked the look of the denim and the resulting fade on the No 2 s better personally...

I don't think you can go wrong with either. If you don't mind the gulls, Evisu are definitely nice. Most people around here don't give them the credit they deserve. You can actually get them without the gull in Japan too... dunno if there's any way to do that online though.

i see no reason not to pick the Evisu, apart from uncertainty about authenticity. if it's for real (and most stuff on rakuten is real anyway), and being Evisu-JP, i'd say take them over the sammies.

if for nothing else, do it because i want to see good pics of evisus worn in over time ;)

but most japan-ed evisus are no worse than any of the repros that are so feted on the board. in fact they might be better. their No. 1 denim is similar to the SD-1xx denim. don't hate them just cos they're evisu - they were the first repros on the block.

oh, i don't doubt the authenticity of the evisus, i was just commenting on the unfortunate brand-erosion due to the saturation of fakes.

i want a pair of JP evisus, they look nice, especially the tiger-selvage jawns. and i do love the painted gulls. i was thinking of doing that to my 811s, i wish they had some kinda arcuate, SOMETHING. damn.

haha do it for the love of the jeans, screw the evisu hype. good jeans are good jeans...it's not like the nudie explosion when apart from a quick fade, nice cut and growing popularity there's no real reason to buy them. evisus may be done to death, but they still retain the quality that made them super-repros in the first place...always remember the photo of that evisu denim jacket in Paul T's book.

KCBEER

this thread should be a poll

it isn't too late!!!

thanks for a great idea but i don't know how to.:( please suggest how to make this thread a poll.

i'm seriously getting one of these within couple weeks since now i'm in the middle of moving, so gotta wait for a new address.

ive been looking at the no2 evisu which they say is sanforized but it shrinks 1 inch? im still confused about this as im getting mixed responses. some say to get true size as it shrinks and some say size down it doesnt shrink..anyone?

actually, are there pics of worn in evisus on the forum, or on the net?

This guy hasnt posted in a while, but Deus' worn evisu are one of my favorite pairs on the before and after. http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=149723#post149723

I hope its cool I linked that, but I dont think I need permission.