SugarCane 1990's M-Series Archive

Double 0 Soul

Here is an oddity that I had to pick up. A pair of no patch M41030 but tagged as a M43030. I cannot find any info anywhere on M43030 so it is either a misprint or some lost version. I can't find any discrepancies between the other pairs I have besides the center most coinpocket stitching going up to the waistband. They also fill the gap I wanted in a pair in my size. 

20231104_133542.jpg

20231104_133441.jpg

20231104_133615.jpg

M41057

I’d had an old stock pair of these in the closet for a while still rigid. Could tell they were going to be absolute favorites, but I guess I was just saving them for a rainy day? These showed up on Yahoo for a steal, washed & hemmed short but otherwise like new. Snatched them up w/ the intention of using them mostly for climbing & yard work, since I knew the legs would be too short for regular wear. Really happy with how they’ve been wearing in, and the fit is just about perfect. Makes me look forward to the dead stock pair all the more.

FwHwRj8.jpg

T4ROS1k.jpg
GqhZ7i3.jpg

8XPjpBf.jpg
6eucHfH.jpg

aCFIA7S.jpg
2IIxsoi.jpg

zhIcr1z.jpg
WU7jP1E.jpg

FpSOXGW.jpg
lpNnYpl.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

M41027

Don’t know much about these. Seems like pretty much the same exact details, top to bottom, as the MP-619, but in a much wider cut—same hardware and everything. Maybe from early after the switch to M-series? They’re also sized on the smaller end: these are tagged W36 and fit more similar to the W34 of the late ‘90s

Photos taken after a machine wash and one day of wear

fP8M2A6.jpg

Ikk5pCk.jpg

uGOWw31.jpg

ZvkdGia.jpg

9xomkGO.jpg

o8x3Zk0.jpg

oe33ibw.jpg

d0hKSb0.jpg

yafkuuy.jpg

hWpSoSD.jpg

W9XzzGt.jpg

H5t1mMi.jpg

@Graytrain There’s another pair of M41027 up now in W34, in case they’re still on your mind…

I do actually have a pair of the hair on hides squirreled away, with tags and all, but they’re a couple of sizes too small (tagged 32 or 33, I think), so they’re more likely to end up being my partner’s than mine

Look amazing Julian. It's true on the stitching, some pairs stand up quite well (year of wear with no breakage) while others need constant attention. It had been so long since I had earnestly worn a cotton threaded pair, I had forgotten what it was like. Like a daily conversation to check in how they are feeling. 

Thanks Neal. The new denim’s cut from a roll. I don’t remember where I got it for sure, but I think it’s probably old stock from White Oak. Nice mid weight. Had it around for a while—just a yard or so left, so the rest will all be for patches like this. 

• 2 months later...

Keeping the thread alive w/ WAYWT fit pics (better that than the third page)

When I’m not in Tender these M41027 have still been my main go-to. The xxxtra high rise is crazy comfy

xxrXYGE.jpeg

gShHj0O.jpeg