gap -- winter 06.

chris

dont laugh. im serious!

from the visuals lookbook, it all seems to be rather nice. its all very dark. all black, and grey colors. i saw for men, a charcoal/black tartan wool jacket, a black toggle coat, a charcoal cardigan with black lining, a really cute fair isle hoody, a rinsed, black denim jacket, and a zip up that heavily resembled the trovata defarkas, but with toggles rather than buttons on the front. there were also lots of simple waffle hoodies, striped henleys, and scarves (i particularly liked this colorful plaid one, and another one with an oversized houndstooth print).

for women (and skinny men), i saw tweed overcoats, striped cardigans, skinny pants and dark jeans, trapeze coats, toggle coats, peacoats, and military jackets. lots of solid and striped turtlenecks in dark combinations, solid and striped deep v-neck sweaters, waistcoats, and interestingly enough, david bowie t-shirts?

but i can guarantee it wont all look as magnificent in person. the lookbooks are aesthetically skewed half of the time.

i dont have any pictures, but i think most of it should be hitting stores sometime within the next few weeks. just a friendly heads up!

Chris, do you find that the stores ever seem to get many XS for like the knitted / sweater type items in mens? I picked up a grey v-neck sweater a week or two ago and the small (S) is a good two inches too baggy and I've been checking back for an XS to replace it with and nothing ever seems to turn up.

Hopefully when they start getting these in they'll have some.

just had a look at the website, and i'm actually really impressed. i seriously haven't stepped into the gap for years but i might make a trip next time i get paid. also the gap just seems so inexpensive now, haha. i'm way too used to 150 dollar sweaters. if this stuff fits well there's a few pieces i'll probably pick up.

just had a look at the website, and i'm actually really impressed.

if you're impressed with the [fall] stuff currently on the website, then you're in for a treat!

minya, i bought that m65 too. love it. the tops designed for women are all supposed to be slightly oversized and long. it works out nicely for men, as it turns out, since the stuff is less shapely and much more lengthy.

the gap by me has a brown leather bomber jacket, way nicer than the new supreme one and only like $230

only the lining is kind of corny but whatever, noones gonna see that. i'll probably pick it up soon

I saw this one too! Very nice soft leather and good construction.

GAP always have some good pieces among their usual bland stuff. Their cardigans and raincoats, along w/ some basics, are more than decent.

yes. i wanted a pair of the skinny charcoal dress pants, but some bitch bought the only pair in my size.

What size are you in those? I tried on a 1, 2, and 4. Sz 1 took forever to put on and was still slightly large in the waist, but they like leggings. Sz 2 was nice in the legs, but I could pull them off my ass. Sz 4 was super slouchy and nice in the legs but also too big in the waist. From your experience, how skinny are these compared to some of your other jeans (I think you have more skinnies than anybody here)?

i admit it. because of this thread i actually went to the gap (not expecting to buy anything). i purchased the morrison 'damaged' denim. the wash was pretty but the legs were just too wide, so i am having them done.

note: if anyone plans to buy them, it is totally possible to switch the tags of the cheaper morrison denim because all of those particular jeans have the same tags connected by some rope. (but different prices for different washes). i would suggest just taking a cheaper wash and the more expensive one into the dressing room. obviously make sure that the sizing on both styles are the same though, because the sizing was written on the tags. there was no way i would pay 100 bucks for gap jeans.

told you ;)

I can't believe how slouchy they are for a women's jean! I had to go up to a 6 so they rise would be somewhat comfortable but they were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big then in the waist. Hell, 2 is big in the waist but anything smaller is like leggings! I wish they would do a men's version of it with a higher rise.

• 3 weeks later...