supercareer

chagoo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

University of Pittsburgh... I already finished a degree in economics and I'm finishing up a degree in business management. I'm a teacher currently. I'm trying to figure out which grad school program in philly i want cause my girlfriend just got accepted to med school there. After all my education I plan on becoming a tailor and living off my surgeon girlfriend.

I don't mean to bud in to your personal life choices, but after 2 business degrees and a masters, why would you go into tailoring? With all that education you could be an investment banker and be pulling in 300k a year easy. :confused:

I just graduated from Univ. of Hawaii with a BA in TESOL and Ill be heading to Japan to teach English at the beginning of next year. For now Im a financial drain on the parental units and I'm also taking a class at S.F. state as well.

Shiatsu and Thai massage therapist. I also make and sell soap and work at a bunch of Yoga studios in London.

It's a good life.

SYB, how does one go about becoming a Yoga instructor? Do you need a degree in sports medicine or an apprenticship with an experienced teacher?

Any info would be appreciated!

(N).

I was on a football scholarship until this semester so I wasn't working. After I decided that's not what I wanted to do I worked construction this summer and now am a student who desperately needs a job.

I don't mean to bud in to your personal life choices, but after 2 business degrees and a masters, why would you go into tailoring? With all that education you could be an investment banker and be pulling in 300k a year easy. :confused:

Thats a damn good question. And frankly I don't know. My education has been interesting, but I just seriously don't know if i can sit behind a desk for the rest of my life. At heart I feel like I'm still 18. I probably don't have the balls to give it all up. I'll probably end up wearing a suit for 40+ hours a week at a job that involves crotchity old men. But for now I can dream.

u know i suspected there would be some rich ass bankers here and i was right

i'm also a banker, but a poor one cus i'm just a lowly analyst working in a developing country ('emerging markets' lol) so my salary is like 1/5 the analysts working in wallstreet/city

but cost of living is low enough so i can afford some denims, yeah.

i used to work there, too. but i'm at that other big agency that has that big soda account, as well as whole bunch of other big clients. might have worked with you guys before, too.

Do you work at BIG? I had a visit there in february with my Uni. Really enjoyed it!

Studying Illustration and working security at the weekend.

I'm a laboratory kinda guy. Working with hazardous chemicals (low quantity) and basically just arranging and cleaning up after machines. Nothing special. It's where I'm doing this which is special: UCLA. Got so many perks, tax-free medical spending, almost free benefits up the yin yang (medical/life/dental/family insurance, not to mention hefty discount on taking classes) etc. Hell even a Janitor can raise a family with these kinda benefits and job security.

Thinking of switching over to parking services so I can study while working at an information kiosk, then head over to take a class. Maybe I can take some design oriented classes that'll help me get into a fashion design college like otis or academy of arts in L.A.

I want your career familyman....seriously!

I recommend hanging around female engineers and geologists. My wife works with 4 other women who's husbands stay at home, that's about 1/3 of women in the engineering staff at her company. I've met 5 or 6 other women in the same field who say they would love to find a good man to marry and stay at home with kids. Guys like me are becoming the new cool thing to have for career women. Trophy husbands. I sort of want to have 'Trophy Husband' put on a tee for when I take the kids to the mall to play. Life is good.

I recommend hanging around female engineers and geologists. My wife works with 4 other women who's husbands stay at home, that's about 1/3 of women in the engineering staff at her company. I've met 5 or 6 other women in the same field who say they would love to find a good man to marry and stay at home with kids. Guys like me are becoming the new cool thing to have for career women. Trophy husbands. I sort of want to have 'Trophy Husband' put on a tee for when I take the kids to the mall to play. Life is good.

Haha, excellent man. You should def get that T-Shirt made up. Now I am off to find some engineers and geologists.....women