Seriously, how much black denim can you have?

Guest Airjamie

Love black denim. Have Sorihako, Denime, and waiting to be soaked, Samurai. These aren't your Levis panther black jeans, which are fine, and that's ok. These have more contrast in the fabric. It'll be interesting to see how they each will fade over time.

Those black jeans from the Buzz Rickson Wm. Gibson collection look very serious. I may have to jump.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fade to Black
Love black denim. Have Sorihako, Denime, and waiting to be soaked, Samurai. These aren't your Levis panther black jeans, which are fine, and that's ok. These have more contrast in the fabric. It'll be interesting to see how they each will fade over time.

Those black jeans from the Buzz Rickson Wm. Gibson collection look very serious. I may have to jump.

how much does Buzz Rickson stuff run? I don't mean just jeans...also jackets, shirts, whatever else they have? It's a Japanese brand right?

Guest Fade to Black

dior 19cm have a 36" inseam (I think??) so they stack up much more. the taper is far more noticeable; they're more fitted in the leg than the acnes but about the same in the thigh. the fit in the bum, thanks to the darts or whatever, is superior too (think this has been discussed on the boards before...), to the acnes and every other jean I own.

i was never really quite clear on what the darts are supposed to do for your bum region...*shrugs* when i wear my Diors usually they're low enough so that back pocket is pretty much resting on my upper thigh and the dart doesn't really 'accentuate' my ass or anything.

i was never really quite clear on what the darts are supposed to do for your bum region...*shrugs* when i wear my Diors usually they're low enough so that back pocket is pretty much resting on my upper thigh and the dart doesn't really 'accentuate' my ass or anything.

For me it sorta wraps around my butt real well..

how much does Buzz Rickson stuff run? I don't mean just jeans...also jackets, shirts, whatever else they have? It's a Japanese brand right?

1950's BR denim @ History Preservation= $295.00. Wm Gibson "Pattern Recognition" M1 jacket= $455. Limited Ed. Wm Gibson "heavy flying jacket"= $945.00. History Pres. as a couple other jackets from this collection and some BR standard jackets, as well. They don't yet have the black WWII jeans from the Gibson collection. Not sure if they will. I mean to call and inquire.

Yes it does have a white weft afai can remember. The only reason I didn't buy the raw is that I know it was going to be winter and so I opted for the shinny cords. Plus the fact that I was telling myself if I needed 1 more that looks similar to my other black jeans. In the end I just used the money to buy something else. Had I known you guys wanted them, I would have bought each and everyone of you. I should have posted here while I was on my trip. Hahaha! In Paris people aren't wearing them, only the hip ones ,I see very rarely on the street. Paris is more of a well dressed city as opposed to street wear. But when you see somebody dressed creatively, they really do stand out. When I was trying my pants from Noir Kennedy the lady associate pulled my jeans in the crotch area to see if it is the right size. While doin this she kinda inserted her fingers all the way in my boxer briefs, uhhmm I guess you guys get the idea hahaha! I got a size 27, what size are u chris?

Update, so Seven is sold out on any of whatever April77 at the moment. And they told me that come spring is when they will carry tops and jackets!

I know I got jeans in paris too, ages ago and to check the size she put her fingers basically down my crotch.. gotta love the french

I just recently (last weekend) purchased my first pair of black denim (Samurai SB5K) and although I do like the look I'm afraid it will be my only pair of black denim as I like the traditional blues. Not to mention once spring come around, blue will be back in full force and my APCs will finally have some decent creasing.

I'm so fucking excited to break these motha fuckas in! Thanks take5!