Seriously, how much black denim can you have?

Guest Airjamie

Guest Airjamie

So heres my problem, after years of totally ignoring the style, just about everyone and their mother is coming out with a tapered, black jean. While ive been pining for this day for a while, the question begs asking, how much is too much? I've currently got about five pairs of high quality black jeans and just cant bring myself to stop, I'm already eyeing those april 77 joeys chris is raving about and corpus just came out with a nice looking pair of suspendered nuthuggers, so my question is, do i stock up before it goes out of style, or am I good with five?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 5 right now. I strongly recomend buying the April 77 black raw. The fit is amazing. They also have a shiny black pants that looks waxed but actually is just the material of the fabric, hard to describe, but it's sorta futuristic.

15cm leg opening. fit is unique, its not as tight as cheap monday. but not as loose as Dior.

Does 15cm applies to all April 77 irregardless of their sizes? I mean a bigger-sized jeans would warrant a bigger leg opening logically. What about the waist?

i currently have 8 pairs, with two more on the way.

and im constantly on the lookout for more!

FROM WHERE? PICTURES?

Couldn't find a photo online. I tried them on at Noir Kennedy and Colette. I think it just came out like barely a week ago. I swear the jeans I'm talking about is the shit!

Couldn't find a photo online. I tried them on at Noir Kennedy and Colette. I think it just came out like barely a week ago. I swear the jeans I'm talking about is the shit!

where the hell is that? if in NYC, pick me up a pair.

Thats it, shiny you say? who stocks these and where the fuck do i sign?

seven new york, hollywood trading company, and blackbird seattle.

I have zero pairs at the moment. For some reason I am not a big fan of black denim. I am slowly coming around to the idea of having one nice pair for the right time... I don't like them for casual wear so I'm trying to figure out when the right time really is.

I have zero pairs at the moment. For some reason I am not a big fan of black denim. I am slowly coming around to the idea of having one nice pair for the right time... I don't like them for casual wear so I'm trying to figure out when the right time really is.

Well it kinda depend on your style of dressing, I am more to minimalism so yup, black denim works for me.

time is now. :rolleyes:

where the hell is that? if in NYC, pick me up a pair.

seven new york, hollywood trading company, and blackbird seattle.

I will be on the look out for it once it hits Seven New York, since I'm interested in their tops and button down too, will update you. How much did you get yours chris? I got mine for 80euros in Paris which translates to $95

i want some, too. i just don't know where to get them...

i have no pairs but have really been wanting some..

does anyone here have pictures of themselves in their tapered black jeans?

i looked in the waywt post but most are just blue jeans..

i want to see pictures of julian red hobokens in bad black and april 77 black jeans..

preferably with measurements along the legs and shit because i have some huge calves and black makes your legs look even skinnier so i don't want it to look disproportionate in any way..

does anyone here have pictures of themselves in their tapered black jeans?i looked in the waywt post but most are just blue jeans...

have you ever seen my posts? or darkanimal's?

I will be on the look out for it once it hits Seven New York, since I'm interested in their tops and button down too, will update you. How much did you get yours chris? I got mine for 80euros in Paris which translates to $95

i paid $140 shipped.

is Noir Kennedy and Colette a store in Paris?

That's correct, check out the blog

http://www.april77.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=10&debut_page=10

It's my 2nd favorite store of the moment. It's tiny but they have all the stock of April 77 plus the coolest store associates . Collete on the other hand blows.

have you ever seen my posts? or darkanimal's?

i paid $140 shipped.

yeah man, i've seen yours.

but you are ridiculously skinny.. i've tried to compare, but your legs are a lot slimmer than mine so i can't get a good comparison.

disregarding fit, which do you honestly like better? your julian red hobokens or your april 77s? which one has nicer denim, which one stretches more with wears?

i want something that will still fit me a month later.. its especially important to me when it comes to black jeans because once they are washed they are going to be faded black, and i already have faded black jeans.. i want some super black jeans.

by the way, have you tried on acne max cash? i've been thinking about those, too. what do you think of them?

i have the acne hex cash. behind my dior's, they're probably my second favorite pair (i say probably, because my april 77's are vying for that spot). they're ridiculously black, and appear as if they wouldnt ever fade. but i wouldnt know... ive never washed mine, because they're raw, and havent stretched out that much.

so i suggest getting a pair of those!

Guest Airjamie
yeah man, i've seen yours.

but you are ridiculously skinny.. i've tried to compare, but your legs are a lot slimmer than mine so i can't get a good comparison.

disregarding fit, which do you honestly like better? your julian red hobokens or your april 77s? which one has nicer denim, which one stretches more with wears?

i want something that will still fit me a month later.. its especially important to me when it comes to black jeans because once they are washed they are going to be faded black, and i already have faded black jeans.. i want some super black jeans.

by the way, have you tried on acne max cash? i've been thinking about those, too. what do you think of them?

Ive tried the Max but it just wasnt that skinny at all, and i am a 31, so the leg should be relatively skinny. If you want something that will maintain its shape at all costs, try the hoboken black bullet, its not totally black, but those fuckers wont stretch for shit.

In other news, I NEED THAT APRIL 77 HEAT JACKET TO LIVE.

acne cash is raw? that makes them more attractive... i also like that the tag on the back is white..

and yeah, i know they aren't that skinny.. i like that about them, because again, black jeans make your legs look even skinnier and i have big feet and muscular-ish legs so i don't want it to look disproportionate..

do hoboken bad blacks stretch that much or are they good for a while?

i am very much so avoiding cheap monday jeans because of what i've heard about the feel and the longevity of them.. should i be looking at these, too?