How many Misfits tees have there been?

eastcoastrider27

Lately there seems to be an influx of streetwear companies doing the Crimson ghost (see left) motif on t-shirts.

How many have there been?

I can think of:

-Diamond (Crimson ghost w/ gold fronts)

-Lush Life (Crimson ghost w/gold fronts, before Diamond did it)

-Anything (Madfits)

-Verte (Text w/ Crimson ghost

-Grenade (All over print)

-Irak (Osama bin Crimson)

-Cosby (Raiders logo)

Any others that I'm missing? I know I've left some out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 17, I began a massive project that, after two years, proved that it is a definite impossibility that Danzig-era Misfits is anything but one of the greatest bands ever.

The same study also proved that Misfits post-Danzig is like Christian Death post-Rozz Williams, or Sabbath post-Ozzy, and so on. In other words, really, really fucking bad.

When I was 17, I began a massive project that, after two years, proved that it is a definite impossibility that Danzig-era Misfits is anything but one of the greatest bands ever.

The same study also proved that Misfits post-Danzig is like Christian Death post-Rozz Williams, or Sabbath post-Ozzy, and so on. In other words, really, really fucking bad.

absolute fucking truth.

the first time i heard she i was sold

post misfits danzig never did it the same for me tho

although i sing "mother" at karaoke all the time and his skull/devil logo is almost as cool

lol @ massive project.

i'd like to see how your misfits research stacks up to my 'doesn't like shitty music' research.

lol @ massive project.

i'd like to see how your misfits research stacks up to my 'doesn't like shitty music' research.

alright, let's play this game:

top 5 bands generally considered seminal or important that actually deserve the acclaim, any genre.

Beatles

Led Zepellin

Pink Floyd

Joy Division

The Who (?)

Off the top of my head.

Debate,debate.....

I'll agree with you 110% on Joy Division... and actually, since I consider Joy Division/New Order to essentially be the same coin, I agree with you 220%.

On the other hand, I really think that the typical canon of classic rock is hilariously overrated. Maybe it is because I culturally have very little to connect me to the music of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the Who... but in my estimation, the Beatles' only worthwhile, truly ground-breaking record is Revolver; Pink Floyd took all that was great about British psych and made it far too generic, and if the Who put half as much energy into solid songwriting as they did their live performances, more people would actually care about them.

I'm not a music critic by any means, but I will say that the Misfits w/ Danzig was far better than the Misfits today. Unfortunately, because of Danzig's...uh...let's call it character... the Misfits were destined to break apart.

Although there are a couple of songs that I like that the Misfits have done since Danzig departed, I much prefer the early stuff.

It does seem odd that so many t-shirt makers have utilized the crimson ghost. I wonder if they are fans of the music, or just the image.

I'll agree with you 110% on Joy Division... and actually, since I consider Joy Division/New Order to essentially be the same coin, I agree with you 220%.

On the other hand, I really think that the typical canon of classic rock is hilariously overrated. Maybe it is because I culturally have very little to connect me to the music of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, and the Who... but in my estimation, the Beatles' only worthwhile, truly ground-breaking record is Revolver; Pink Floyd took all that was great about British psych and made it far too generic, and if the Who put half as much energy into solid songwriting as they did their live performances, more people would actually care about them.

i agree about pink floyd but sgt. peppers basically changed the way music was produced and engineered. alot of the beatles contributions were more about how they did what they did and less about the actual music (although not entirely)

the who helped form the template for punk and zep did the same for metal/hard rock.

and i would like to add the stooges to the list. and sabbath

Warsaw's stuff was great, and I typically avoid splitting hairs there and consider that a part of Joy Division's output.

As for New Order, come on! You do realize that the band would've gone on to sound like that regardless of whether or not Ian was alive, right? And, in their own right, NO are just as important to a particular genre's flowering as JD were. How crazy is it that the same core group of three-four men are responsible for the explosion of two entire, near-separate genres of music?

I agree that the Who helped to form the template for punk, but the sad fact is that it is that template that screws up a lot of punk rock for me... way too much energy thrown into looking cool and acting a certain way, and not enough time put in crafting a really good album or song. The Stooges, now there is a band I can feel comfortable praising,

in terms of influencing punk.

I can let Zep fly by, too, for their contributions to metal, although I still think they get far too much credit. There are so many unknown bands from the same era that were fifteen times as heavy as Zep, they just didn't happen to have the looks nor the financial backing.

I definitely agree with Joy Division and New Order, I would like to see more Joy Division tee shirt or hoodie flips. I think Mishka is doing one for their winter season so I'll be looking into that.

What about The Smiths? Or The Pixies? Anyone think they should be up on that pedestal?

I've been listening to a lot of them and really dig their shit.

I kind of like all of the versions of it, I think it's an interesting premise. It lets a bunch of different brands show their "take" on what is apparently becoming a common thread, show their "bend" on things in "quotes."

For real, it's like whenever you have an entire art class do a project you get a huge variety of things. They're not all great, but it shows everyones taste and how they apply it, and there's always those couple of standouts that make it all worthwhile.

My two cents.