what the fuck?? over one million views for WAYWT!!!

cheapmuthafukr

• 2 weeks later...

i just noticed this too.

especially after my last outfit's fanclub outpouring, this has me feeling a bit too conspicuous.

i suspect we'd all LIKE to act modest but our secret egos are basking in the potential "we are the ink that is the bleeding edge" kind of trendsetter status. (maybe that's just me)

i just noticed this too.

especially after my last outfit's fanclub outpouring, this has me feeling a bit too conspicuous.

I've been toying with keeping the WAWYT thread strictly pictures-only. No comments allowed. I don't know if this would be a good idea, though. Thoughts, people?

i just noticed this too.

i suspect we'd all LIKE to act modest but our secret egos are basking in the potential "we are the ink that is the bleeding edge" kind of trendsetter status. (maybe that's just me)

haha that's why i hardly ever post in the thread. when i do, i'm trying to procrastinate.

I've been toying with keeping the WAWYT thread strictly pictures-only. No comments allowed. I don't know if this would be a good idea, though. Thoughts, people?

No, don't do that. The comments are what makes it fun, be it insightful, critical, praising, or just plain stupid. If anything you should delete the posts where its just a list of descriptions, not pictures.

And ive always been kinda nervous that someone on the street was gonna recgonize me from a picture. Man, the day that happens is the day i stop posting.

Damn...see i always look at my pictures and go "jeez carl, you're like 2 years behind...step your shit up son."

No, don't do that. The comments are what makes it fun, be it insightful, critical, praising, or just plain stupid. If anything you should delete the posts where its just a list of descriptions, not pictures.

And ive always been kinda nervous that someone on the street was gonna recgonize me from a picture. Man, the day that happens is the day i stop posting.

it happened to chicken already

if you could only make it into a WAYWT blog! Like so we can comment, but don't have to see the comments if we don't want to because the comments are accessable through a link to a separate page. Like thesartorialist.blogspot.com

Oh and host that sucker on an entirely separate server.

it happened to chicken already

it's happened to me, though there was no in-person confrontation. it happened later that day, in the wdywt thread, haha.

there was a blogspot a while back, some dude was trying to compile the better outfits into image-only posts. someone should set up an rss feed - is that even possible?

edited to add: like i said to lyingonyourdriveway earlier, i wish i got half the attention in real life that i get on this board. (single tear)

it's happened to me, though there was no in-person confrontation. it happened later that day, in the wdywt thread, haha.

See, thats cool...but if someone yelled "Hey Carl!" randomly on the street and then said they were from SF i would probably run. A limp wrist on the other hand would be sweet.

I haven't posted pics on WAYWT because it would freeeek me out to have someone 'recognise' me on the street and at risk of copping a bunch of flames, I'm feeling that the idea you're a celebrity or cutting edge just cos you post here is conceited and delusional.

finally..the truth!....no style or look on waywt hasnt been done in the past and wont be repeated in the future...its just a matter of "how long has it been since ive seen that?"......and a celebrity should be a celebrity for reasons other than what they are wearing.. you think those lurkers are actually going to credit anyone on this forum for putting together their look?...thats why theyre lurkers!

I'm feeling that the idea you're a celebrity or cutting edge just cos you post here is conceited and delusional.

my reference to the conceit was dripping in sarcasm -- maybe that wasn't evident.

Guest Fade to Black
one million views, about a million and a half cumshots in some kleenex

and 1.4 million of those were to canice.

ahhhhhhhghh

i've been recognized before but nobody told me to my face just online, but different forum.

funny story: i was buying cigars from Loblaws (the Highway 7 location in Toronto) and found out the guy working there was Protectthagoons from SF. weird that i'd bump into a superfuturer in the unlikeliest of places. Haven't seen him post here in a long time though.

Yeah. I usually don't post in WAYWT so as to avoid being spotted, but since my name on here is my online name everywhere else if anyone ever googled me they'd find me here anyway. That and my outfits are rarely interesting enough to bother posting. APC NS every day with rotating shoes / sweaters.

i'd like to cosign that. plus i dont want to see myself in the worst waywt thread.

I don't think you should. Even though I hardly ever post in the WAYWT thread here - I am seriously intimidated - I think the comments are an important part of the dynamic.

And you can edit out the ones that are total trash (yeah, I know, more work for you.)

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go look for my style; I heard someone saw it on the side of a milk carton. ;)

Comments are great...I just wish people did not quote posts with pics over and over. Is there a way to reference a quote without it recopying all of the pics. My scrolling hand could use a break. That I think would help to preserve continuity without getting rid of comments which I think are valuable.

Comments are great...I just wish people did not quote posts with pics over and over. Is there a way to reference a quote without it recopying all of the pics. My scrolling hand could use a break. That I think would help to preserve continuity without getting rid of comments which I think are valuable.

Yes there is a way. You simply quote the post and delete the pic url in the message window but keep the quoted text....but most people dont bother