First Pair of Dry Denim - Ande Whall (PICS)

mr fluffernutter

Hi Folks,

Due to Super-popular demand I have switched over to Button Fly. So I hope you guys will be pleased with the change over. In other news, I have officially blown my budget. After ordering a truck load of zips, then having to go back and grab a truck load of the smaller button fly tack buttons. I also have yet to purchase the new press machine used for applying the new buttons and rivets. I was not aware that I had to purchase the "Dies" to go with the machine which are the small metal applicator things that bolt onto the press machine. I know, I know, should have known about this, getting ambushed with this kinda stuff is almost a weekly occurance, so I am used to it. As it turns out the dies are almost as expensive as the press machine itself, slightly suprised, but not really. Equipment used in the rag trade always costs and arm and a leg, pattern notchers, which are a like small pliers that put notch's in patterns, obviously, are over a hundred bucks. Anyway I am nearly ready to re-post in Supermarket, I might actually post up what I have so far In hope of getting some pre-orders so I can order the machine/dies and get production rolling full steam. I am also half way through the samples to use for the proper model pictures, finally, with my friend Scott, he's about a 30" waist. Cool, bests Ande

bf1ni7.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks,

Due to Super-popular demand I have switched over to Button Fly. So I hope you guys will be pleased with the change over. In other news, I have officially blown my budget. After ordering a truck load of zips, then having to go back and grab a truck load of the smaller button fly tack buttons. I also have yet to purchase the new press machine used for applying the new buttons and rivets. I was not aware that I had to purchase the "Dies" to go with the machine which are the small metal applicator things that bolt onto the press machine. I know, I know, should have known about this, getting ambushed with this kinda stuff is almost a weekly occurance, so I am used to it. As it turns out the dies are almost as expensive as the press machine itself, slightly suprised, but not really. Equipment used in the rag trade always costs and arm and a leg, pattern notchers, which are a like small pliers that put notch's in patterns, obviously, are over a hundred bucks. Anyway I am nearly ready to re-post in Supermarket, I might actually post up what I have so far In hope of getting some pre-orders so I can order the machine/dies and get production rolling full steam. I am also half way through the samples to use for the proper model pictures, finally, with my friend Scott, he's about a 30" waist. Cool, bests Ande

bf1ni7.jpg

awesome. cant wait to see some pics!!!! im going to be hitting you up fro some skinny rakers soon then!

Hey. Thought I would post up the progress on the leather patch. I have been testing these over the last 6 weeks, various leathers, weights, heat, pressure and wash tests etc. It seems never ending.

This first lot. Top row is a very thick 4mm natural leather. I think a little to thick and didn't wash up all that well. They take ages to dry as well. Bottom row. These were done by a different guy at small local leather shop. Thin kangaroo hide. These actually look nice (in real life) but through a hot wash they shrink to about half the size to a small crunchy thing?! Not an option.

leather2ik1.th.jpg

Second lot: These were done on a lighter tone natural leather approx 1.5mm. I asked him to really burn it in and mess it up. Top is after a hot wash. They are kind of rugged and crazy looking.

leather1zg6.th.jpg

Third lot. I think these ones are the best so far. Meduim tone natural leather approx 1.5mm, slightly different leathers.

leather3oa4.th.jpg

Hey. Yeah I just went to see the leather guy today and apparently the last six patchs pictured are all from the same peice of leather. I thought they were different for some reason. As it's natural undyed, untreated leather they all come out slightly different due to the different shades throughout the leather. I kind of like the idea they are not all exactly the same

Edit: I also asked him to sort out the final cutting/stamping out shape....these samples are way off centre