best jeans store in kansai and osaka

denimhunter

Would recommend getting the Lightning mag vol 19 "Best of Osaka"

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%30d9%30b9%30c8%30fb%30aa%30d6%30fb%5927%962a/dp/4777903648/sr=1-6/qid=1157578319/ref=sr_1_6/503-3876985-9163965?ie=UTF8&s=books

It has everything including maps, etc. I assume you can read and speak a bit of Japanese (or will do shortly) if you hope to get the best out the Kansai region, where English is much less widely spoken than in Tokyo. Enjoy the food!

Thanks. I have just ordered the Lightning magazine from amazon.jp earlier but hasn't arrive yet. I can find most jeanss brand except for pure blue japan. Does anyone know who in osaka stocks them?

Unfortunately I do not speak japanese but can read kanji and very good with maps. I was in osaka a few years ago and found that in fact more people speak english particularly in kyoto than tokyo. I had little problem getting around (with a compass).

I am going in january. I was thinking may be I could do a mini shopping service for some in then forum if there is enough interest??????

i am going to Osaka and the kansai region soon and would appreciate some input as to the best denim stores there. Is there a pure blue store in osaka? where can you buy pure blue, eternal and oni there? What about loopwheeler hoodies? input appreciated.

there is this really greaaatttt ultra chic boutique. i am sure they have a store somewhere in kansai. it is called jeansmate (yeah!!!).

• 1 year later...

Thread is old but here's some information for anyone interested.

Denime - Kyoto / Osaka

http://www.denime.jp/#/store/kinki/

Go to the bottom of the store list on that page and the last four stores are the ones you'll want. The first is in Kyoto while the last three are in Osaka.

Studio D'Artisan - Osaka

http://dartisan.co.jp/direct_ms.html

Click "Direct Management Shop"

There will be a link on the right that reads "map / Osaka"

Evisu - Kyoto

Huge store on Kiyamachi street in downtown Kyoto. You can ask any cab driver to take you to Kiyamachi and you're golden. From the outside it's about 4 stories tall, it's new and so haven't been in yet.

45RPM - Kyoto

There's one in Osaka though I have no idea where it's located. This is located near Karasuma Oike station. If you need directions feel free to PM me.

Omnigod - Kyoto

Not too popular a brand but the jeans are pretty good. On Teramachi located downtown as well, closer to the Evisu shop. PM for directions.

I'm burnt out, maybe add to this later.

Just to add to your information:

To avoid disappointment, note the the Studio d'Artisan shop is closed Wednesdays as well as Sundays.

The 45rpm shop in Osaka is not very good -- hardly anything in it! The main shop in Tokyo is much better.

The Fullcount shop has moved (building they were in was torn down), they still have another shop in American Village, though.