Cloak selvege

shinobi2000

I remember reading a while ago last year that Cloak had some hot selvege pieces and that they flew off the shelf before anyone got to see them. Well this season's versions are in their store now. I tried on a couple, I just couldn't get it to fit right. I'm also wondering if they are significantly different from last season's. ANyone see last season's?

These are the skinny selvedge denim. It's charcoal with subtle vertical stripes. Another variation of this is just flat black denim. The flat black has a bit of a slight wax feel to it and what I wanted, but unfortunately only had 30 waist as the smallest. The charcoal style, eventhough had the coolest details in the backpocket and waist finish, just didn't go with my other wardrobes. The 28 waist is super tight but a few minutes walking around the store I managed to close the buttons and fits great like no other!

cloakeh4.jpg

yeah, i wish they hadn't striped these up. the s/s06 selvage jeans are much stiffer, and i like the back pocket rivets - missing from these - and the ash wash was

a bit less decorative. I like the charcoal-striped ones in the store now better than the lighter grey ones. to the original poster, though, i see the s/s 06 selvages on eBay pretty often. they cost me 390 when they came out. they're obvs less on eBay, although still not what you'd call cheap!

• 3 weeks later...

Doesn't look like too many people are interested but just in case, here is my Cloak report:

There are 4, yes count em 4 variations available, and all are selvage. There's a black and a grey version, then two striped versions one in a charcoal and one in a lighter grey. They are either red or blue lined selvage. The striped versions don't even feel like denim, almost just like regular pants. The guy working there called the black and grey ones "raw japanese selvage" although nothing about them felt raw. They are so tight you can feel your feet begging you to return the circulation to them. The guy working there saw my interest in them and felt he needed to promote the upcoming spring season. Apparently they are making more of them in multiple colors ala Julien Red. They were all $390. I wish I had more money to spend, their jackets were pretty hot.

• 2 months later...

Just purchased the last one from Barneys! They're officially sold out in Beverly Hills at least.

ah, ok. looks like i should get a 32 or maybe a 30. tyler, where did you get your jeans from? the cloak store in nyc?

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=16700

It seemed that the Cloak store was sold out of 28. :(

By the way, here are pictures. The yoke is really long in the back so the pockets end up being very low. I love it. I've been trying to take a good picture of them being worn but I've been failing. I'll hold out until I can get someone else to take a picture.

cloak1.jpg

cloak2.jpg

cloak3.jpg

It's not bad... kinda low on me, it's just that the back is a tad higher which I don't mind because crack is wack!