diet butcher slim skin

xcoldricex

How have the sneakers gotten closer to Rick Owens every season? They have been the same general silhouette, skipped a couple recent seasons, and the current season ones are in a material which is the most unlike Rick Owens yet. The stripe detailing is RO-esque but they are a back zip and without any elongated tongue. This time the entire upper portion is elongated.

mostly just colour scheme (especially the black and white pair) and silhouette.

i probably skipped a couple seasons of their sneakers in my head (unintentionally). doesn't feel like it's been as long as it actually has.

these are the best since the distressed though, in my opinion. love to get a pair.

Guest jmatsu
haha the sneakers are cool but they're getting closer and closer to RO every season

dbss sneakers bore me already.

u sorta right though, even though the new shits don't look anymore roesque than they already did in the beginning. still, when i wore the first gens ones a a while back, some dude i didn't even know asked if they was ro. jap companies b like that. actually sorta the point.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jmatsu

^look's like they emulated the velcro system of botanika, who probably emulated kva. like it better than their studded offerings.

• 3 weeks later...

I should've uploaded these before, but since they're gone I can only describe them.

So I was browsing zozo and I found these new DBSS high tops, but they looked entirely different from the original design.. It looked like a pair of gladiator sandals but in high top form.. It was a cream colour, they looked decent but I probably wouldn't buy them.

• 2 weeks later...
is it just me, or do these look slimmer / less chunky than previous model DBSS?

i'm super keen on the style (even the studs), just don't want no RO moonboot.

1414814_B_7.jpg?h=600&w=500

i really want a pair without the studs...i wonder if it'd be possible to remove them lol

The studs are probably only attached to the outer layer of leather and aren't riveted all the way into the inside lining of the shoe. It would be a real bitch to do it yourself, and cost a lot to have a cobbler do it for you.

These seem a lot slimmer than the older fare, the shoe looks to take on the silhouette of the leather lined FW08 shoes I posted above (which aren't chunky like the shin-tops), albeit way higher. My problem with the older ones was that they seemed too bulky with some of my outfits.

My only criticisms on the new ones are the zip placement and how the tongue and heel are the same height.