How many people here wear jeans at the gym?

typicalfashion

How many SF'ers actually wear jeans to workout at the gym/go running/etc. I am going to start going to the gym, when i used to go i would always see that guy that i thought "forgot his gym clothes". Now i will be "that guy"...

that's way too white thrash, please don't do it. anyway, there's no way i would run in jeans, not to mention that i sweat way too much at the gym...

if you wear jeans while you work out you'll have to wash them to get all the sweat out, otherwise they'll fall apart, and all that washing will make it hard to get good fading. in the end i think you'll get LESS visible wear than if you just wore them around.

so, basically, wearing your jeans to the gym is just plain retarded.

I would think most gyms would prohibit wearing jeans while exercising. But there seems to be some interesting replies to this thread. I seem to read many posts where people claim to ride bikes, hike, work, etc. in their jeans for weeks on end - where are these people living that prevents them from getting sweaty during these activities? I personally sweat more while working outside than I do at the gym - my gym is air conditioned and my yard is not.

it pisses me off when people where cargo shorts and a backwards hat to the gym.. your there to get exercise and workout not fuck off and flirt with married women. quit flexing your "guns" in the mirror and get off the fucking machine that i wanna use...venting!

would that be the eliptical machine? :rolleyes:

When you're squatting and deadlifting your range of motion is severely impaired by a pair of dungarees, especially the kind that most superfuturians wear. Bench day, however, is an okay day to wear them.

And who doesn't work out in their basement, anyways? :)

i try to skate a couple hours a day, and only in jeans. the smell isnt too bad, but the salt builds up and makes them look like shit. i machine washed my canes last night after about 3 weeks of having them completely saturated in sweat most days.

Me too, but not in my good jeans. You're right about the salt build up though. To answer the orginal post I wouldn't recommend it, but it would be cool to see what they look like after a month or so..I'd say

if you dont work up a sweat in the gym, even with air conditioning, you are waisting your time, i used to be a personal trainer so i highly recommend not working out in jeans, it restricts your movements too much which reduces the effectiveness of the work out, plus it fatigues faster than you should which also lowers the effectiveness of the work out.

but if you want go ahead