Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

^^ how were they 'dealt with'?

well i became interested in the pj's because they never seem to change, and was wondering why is it that when neighborhoods change pj's remain the same and we think of them as the same, and for the most part the architecture is the same throughout the different developments...one of the rules i gave myself was that that red bricked structure of the buildings are seen in each picture. i was also interested in the idea of creating this group of images of a "neighborhood" that isn't really a neighborhood since the images are drawn from different places

Just redesigned my site instead of going to bed, at the moment the work up there and descriptions are just thrown in to show how it would look but i'd appreciate any crit before I start resizing images for it etc etc

Only the news, blog, tumblr, email and work pages work yet.

http://www.nascentideas.com/temptest/index.html

well i became interested in the pj's because they never seem to change, and was wondering why is it that when neighborhoods change pj's remain the same and we think of them as the same

This is true, but only until contractors find value in the property. Chicago was one of the first examples of this. The projects were right on the water, the Kabrini Greens I beleive. A little lobby money here, a little lobby money there. Displacement of all residents, destruction followed by construction of upscale. The whole country has followed this. "Urban Renewal Projects" is the term coined. In some instances this is good because they build new project housing elsewhere, but not always. New York is exactly how you are describing though. There are just too many projects to crash them down. The people there will stand up for there rights as well. Not like other cities where they will just get brushed under the rug.

those brooches are pretty awesome. are you trying to crochet with the thicker ribbon? i always thought that was done with cord or yarn.

thanks!

i'm not using ribbon to crochet, but some kind of cord/ yarn. I actually got some pretty cool black thread that's mixed with nylon. I finished the first crocheted rose last night. I'll take a picture either tonight or tomorrow.

Here's a crocheted rose broach. I used the same black thread as for the plain one but I combined metal wire to it

3180093634_bb296d6e7e_o.jpg

That's what the crocheted rose looks like before being rolled up

3179257501_16ee2666ac_o.jpg

new projects:

3179257697_676aec3fb5_o.jpg

where to cop

check out my blog or threak (signature) and since you're in montreal, shipping can be arranged !