Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

Handwoven panel to be turned into a vest/top later this spring. Same weave structure, materials as my last one (Quebracho black, posted here), but dyed in the natural dye Cutch from woodchips of Acacia catechu tree native to India. Experience yielded more experimentation with materials and color. Detail of my favorite part included. Will keep you posted on the finished clothing article, may make a few more weavings to turn this into a small series.

cutchweaving.jpg

cutchdetail.jpg

Posting in here because the "Make something cool everyday" thread seems like it has higher standards.

Here's a couple drawings from my Beginning Drawing course. I'm aware of the inaccuracies and flaws, but not skilled enough to correct them just yet.

Here's a 30 minute life drawing. The guy resembles The Penguin both in this drawing and in real life.

2a5alhf.jpg

3 day drawing of a bust. Not very pleased with it, but still proud of the work that went into it.

dzthxx.jpg

thoughts?

thoughts?

It seems like you've considered the planes and proportions pretty well, but your terms are too flat. Have a look at each natural plane with its irregularities before you draw your strokes, and push through those, giving each plane a direction of movement as well.

I hope you're able to use this.