Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

No, you don't need a tablet haha...

Illustrator pencil tool with the appropriate amount of smoothing on for the blobby bits. Draw shapes for the geometric shapes in there. Good news is you can do these in a few minutes, bad news is if your proportions/arrangements/stray from the motif are off by even a little, it doesn't work any more and looks weird.

Have fun, it's really easy to do. There's only maybe 15 or so shapes in that piece, the rest are copy/past or thick strokes (outline after!)

I put together a new reel out of my timelapse clips.

http://vimeo.com/14352658

I saw your video as top result on digg. Gj bro. I don't know why they linked it from geek.com and not the original vimeo source. Either way, u r gettin' some exposure. yay

http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-cetera/this-time-lapse-montage-will-blow-your-mind-20100925/comment-page-1

it's kinda funny. i would have told you to make the cutouts from plywood or mdf, paint them with acrylics or even house paint, stick them in a field with some stakes, and photograph it.

it's obvious that it's digital, but using digital media never crossed my mind...

No, you don't need a tablet haha...

Illustrator pencil tool with the appropriate amount of smoothing on for the blobby bits. Draw shapes for the geometric shapes in there. Good news is you can do these in a few minutes, bad news is if your proportions/arrangements/stray from the motif are off by even a little, it doesn't work any more and looks weird.

Have fun, it's really easy to do. There's only maybe 15 or so shapes in that piece, the rest are copy/past or thick strokes (outline after!)

not sure where eles to post this, but anyone have experience with wiring lighting and such? Want to set up 8 15w lights and a dimmer switch in parallel, with a power source that plugs in to a wall socket. Sparky quoted me $320, but I figure how hard can it be? Worried I might burn down the house or give myself 240 volts though...

what it is 2000db

no offense to the illustration either but it'd be cool to see just the plate run through.

The plate was originally (almost) completely blank copper so it would just be flat black if I ran it through on its own the texture is a result of the way I inked it. So I supposed I could just ink a blank plate but that wouldn't really be any more 'just the plate' than the ones I illustrated on - i'd say the background in the first one is probably the closest to like 'just the plate' maybe?