Post Your Creations (pics, artwork, media, design...)

Whodinihimself

here's some stuff i made before moving across the atlantic. click for bigger versions.

3447366877_b6fe44d9ae.jpg

woodcut / bfk white / 24"x26"

3278287493_02dcba557d.jpg

collagraph / mulberry thai / 43"x79"

3447401849_5063a84f98.jpg

intaglio / antique paper / 4"x7"

and i editioned 330 of these fuckers...

3831611593_23858d3cf3.jpg

3685217623_e661ebb386.jpg

boduf-front.jpg

boduf-back.jpg

screenprint / mr. french paper and vinyl / 10"

could you explain the process in them a bit?
2nd that, isn't a woodcut just a type of collagraph? I'm guessing you just knifed up your woodblock for the first one, but on the 2nd how did you get such minimal contact with the substrate at the bottom. mega dope.

thanks for kind words.

for the woodcut, it's just carved and sanded (selectively). it's the same block of wood, with the darker blue on one side and black on the other. i didn't really do any type of special inking process.

the collagraph is different because i didn't ink it up the same. the top part was done via brayer like the woodcut, but the bottom part with minimal contact was just done by rubbing in the ink into the cuts rather than having the ink sit on the surface like above. it's also done on some sort of weird particle board that i found in a dumpster. the surface (when inked) sort of looks like a really fine aquatint.