Cheap Monday

youth_culture

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have overly big thighs, but i liked the idea of a cheap raw narrow jean. i went with the tight unwashed, and sized up two to accomodate for my bigger legs...

all i can say is these jeans were not made for me, or bigger guys in general. even with sizing up two these things look like tights, and stick to my legs to the point that theyre pretty unbearable.

also i dont know if it was a fluke but the quality of the denim on my unwashed pair was sort of dissapointing, even though they were fairly stiff when i got them, they didnt have any shine to them, basically they looked really flat.

ive still got mad love for cheap monday, but i guess ill have to look on from the bleachers with these jeans.

i have overly big thighs, but i liked the idea of a cheap raw narrow jean. i went with the tight unwashed, and sized up two to accomodate for my bigger legs...

all i can say is these jeans were not made for me, or bigger guys in general. even with sizing up two these things look like tights, and stick to my legs to the point that theyre pretty unbearable.

also i dont know if it was a fluke but the quality of the denim on my unwashed pair was sort of dissapointing, even though they were fairly stiff when i got them, they didnt have any shine to them, basically they looked really flat.

ive still got mad love for cheap monday, but i guess ill have to look on from the bleachers with these jeans.

you should try a pair of april 77 joey raw. i had a pair that i got a couple sizes too big and they fit great from the knees down, but the thighs and waist were a too loose. might be what your looking for though...

i'm looking for grey jeans with tonal black/grey stitching.. CM makes one with the exact detailing i want, but i've only been able to find it in the "tight" cut, which might be too skinny for me. i'm looking for something slim but not too skinny. Does CM make one like that? any help would be greatly appreciated

i'm looking for grey jeans with tonal black/grey stitching like this:

1218793710_aa2a19a6a0.jpg

i'm looking for grey jeans with tonal black/grey stitching.. CM makes one with the exact detailing i want, but i've only been able to find it in the "tight" cut, which might be too skinny for me. i'm looking for something slim but not too skinny. Does CM make one like that? any help would be greatly appreciated

theres a pair of levis 511 that come like that i think.

I can't say for certain, but I do remember seeing a pair of grey CM that were a regular fit.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=13380779&search=true&color=01

I'm not a fan of skinny jeans but I have the Levis in the link above and I love them. Not loose, not tight.. just right.

With my cheap mondays I haven't had that much of a problem with bleeding. I wear them hard too. A little bit of indigo on my shoes but thats it. Yes definately size up 2. I am a 30-34 originally. I sized up to a 32-34. They stil were pretty tight when i got them. After a couple weeks now they have stretched a little bit and are a perfect fit. I would definately say size up 1 or 2.

So I just picked up a pair of the black "tight" model, one wash. Got a 29 (normally wear a 28, I guess). Just wondering if this was a mistake and if I should have gotten a smaller size. The legs fit tight and stretchy and the waist is fine without a belt, but it's not snug by any means. I have 7 days to exchange them, so should I keep them, exchange them for OD blacks (same size or smaller?) or what? Just looking for opinions.

dsc0001copyfs7.jpg

dsc0002copyxm3.jpg

dsc0004copyqh4.jpg

*mind all the shit in the background of those pics, my room is a disaster area in the process of being redone.

I only really sized up one, but it's debatable. My Levis 514s are a baggy 30, My WarholxLevis are a 28, my Iron Army are a slim 28. These are a 29.

So then I should stick with them? I'm probably going to grab a pair of April 77s in the near future and might go a little slimmer with them, but these I just wanted a tapered but not painted on look. I'm just confused about the whole one wash; I've only ever been totally raw or totally washed.

I still might take them back for 28s. They kind of look way too similar to my IAs right now.