Why are 45 rpm jeans washed?

Guest Phrost

45 rpm denim is unsanforized? From the measurements sam113 gave of his slim raw Sorahikos, they seemed to shrink very little, almost similar to most raw sanforized jeans. I just think raw denim gives you the choice to whether soak your jeans to your desired size or just wear right of the bat. I just really like the clean lines and neatness raw denim has. I guess 45 rpm's target customers aren't all ppl who are willing to soak their jeans, which I definitely understand.

sam113's shrank 1.5" in the waist and inseam after a 15 minute soak, that's not very little. they will probably shrink a little more after they're washed as 15 minutes usually isn't a long enough soak time.

sam113's shrank 1.5" in the waist and inseam after a 15 minute soak, that's not very little. they will probably shrink a little more after they're washed as 15 minutes usually isn't a long enough soak time.

I agree. I deliberately did a short, cold soak as I didn't want more shrink than I got. If I would have done a longer warmer soak I'm sure they would have contracted more.

Here are the before pics:

beforefront.JPG

beforeback.JPG

And the Afters:

afterfront.JPG

afterback.JPG

seriously, just get the one wash....why take chances on an $800 of jeans? i would like to see what the color looks like unwashed though.

i've been wearing mine on and off for the last couple months (i've had them now since dec.) and they are finally starting to show signs or wear.

haha good luck with those jomons. if they don't end up fitting right you're going to have a fucking expensive pair of unwearable jeans..