topman selvedge..

rocker4life

ok..i've had enough..even topman is making raw selvedge jeans for UK35($44)..anyway what do you guys think??personally i think its a good buy,haven't tried it on yet but it kinda looks good..maybe do something to it.i'm just disappointed that raw denim is just too ubiquitous nowadays.more and more clothing giants now mass-produce selvedge jeans which kinda degrdes them IMO

69s14nindlargeof7.jpg

Errrrr....... Topman have been doing selvedge denim for over three years now, as have Gap with the 1969 range (They actually started out as distributors of levi in the 60's, so you could say they've been doing it from the beginning, lol)

Not too bothered. The mainstream will never bee interested in selvege anyway, too esteoric. And has been mentioned, like natural indigo, selvedge does not necessarily make a better denim,it's just a historical attraction.

Besides, why care? Taking an anti-fasion and elitist stance can be just as bad as being a fashion whore.

My 2 cents.

they actually make a 32 inseam..the one i tried was a 28x32

Yeah, I said the longest inseam they make is 34" going by the typical S R L inseam lengths. With 34" being L, 32" for R and 30" for S.

Anyway, I went to Topman in Leeds yesterday and got my first feel of the selvage and the cuts and washes they had.

I saw a straight leg raw, and a straight leg washed (the former to my suprise) and a skinny fit raw.

The feeling of the jeans was strange, the denim just felt off? The workmanship was poor on certain parts of the jean. Like at the bottom of the fly, the jeans were practically falling apart because the sewing wasn't binding the fly too well.

For the price £35, I think I'd get some if I had the spare change and had nothing better to buy to use as a pair of beaters.

topman is responsible for dressing the British male under 25 badly. Very badly.

Everything is bleached and shredded to death, from what I can see whenever I walk past the shop window.

As someone said earlier, at least you used to be able to buy Levis there in the 90s, but for some reason they stopped. Probably the only reason to go in.