Siki Im F/W 13 - New York

bill

First coat is beautifully minimalistic, and going by the past siki im offerings that have come through Blackbird probably quite luxe.

Really excited for this collection... one of my personal favorites out of all mens for aw13. The showroom pictures give a whole new life to the pieces, the blazers have an incredible texture and something that would be easy to incorporate into a number of different looks. The outerwear looks great too, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I handle Siki outerwear at how nice the fabrics are and how solid the construction is. The only thing I'm not really feeling is the pant fits in both the runway and showroom... something about them just seems off. I'm curious to see how the pricing for this collection will be, his stuff is really reasonably for the materials and being made in America and I hope it doesn't skyrocket.

I hope we will see more stores stocking Siki in the near future... I know there are a few places online that do but it would be nice to have a wider selection.

Edited by jdemotion

Agree it's his best yet, as a collection of clothes and as a show. The styling was really good and I liked the music. jde, tell Barneys to get on board

I actually did like most of the pants. The slimmer ones in particular looked really good in the show.

We recently had to do feedback to the head buyers on anything new we'd like to see in the store and Siki was the first I mentioned... not that they would listen.

The more I look at this collection the more I lust after it and want to save up money for it.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Saw the SS14 runway thread and got me thinking whether shops have got their first shipment yet. anyone know?

Yeah the Madison Barneys has a few things so far: long tunic, high collar overcoat, padded bomber, drop crotch wool pants, and that crazy huge coat with the funnel collar and cutout at the bottom. They are still expecting a lot more - some suiting, jogging pants, and more outerwear. Allotment and Machus should have buys up soon.

The outerwear is reallyyyy amazing in person, they all have the internal backpack straps, and the oversized coat and bomber have a stiff almost Carharrt material and padded interior that's super warm and thick. Very impressed, if you're able to definitely check it out.