SUFU Ebbets Round Three

Northwest

probably mis-communication somewhere where northwest told them he was from sufu and ebbets took it at face value. either that, or its about the possible trade deal for advertising. i don't think the owners here would want to give out free advertising for something that they have no part in.

I don't believe this had anything to do with it as superfuture was not associated with this whole scheme.

its possible that the manufacturer got the impression they were dealing with superfuture officially, but that seems weird as they were contacted by a random individual with no association with sufu. We are looking into this.

Really bummed to read all of this.  I will say that I have dealt with the staff at Ebbets Field before and they are always professional and pleasant.  Some of the best customer service staff I have ever experienced.

Never got bad vibes from Northwest before.  Hope he steps up and makes this right.

The last email that Ebbets got from Kevin Filley was May 24th.

i don't think Northwest will log back in. It was stupid on his part to log  back in june 3 at around 2 AM and not say anything.

Edited by mr.invincible

The hats are done and ready to ship since May10th. Ebbet's has not been paid for these hats.

If Northwest got your money then I would say that money is gone. Ebbet's is gonna send me a final bill for the hats

and when I get it i'll let you know how much money they are owed. I'm pretty positive Superfuture is not going to

trade anything to pay this bill and I would anticipate an end to anything produced on this forum that has the name superfuture

attached to it's name. 

I know what Northwest name & email is but if anyone has ANY other contact information for him please PM it to me.

I'll keep everyone updated as more details come in.

i hope his english major mom gives him a good taste of the paddle! lol!

lol, call the parents :thumbsup:

effing scammer told me he paid Ebbets in March

i'm sure his workplace is on his fb page, i don't think his employers would appreciate a thief working for them

Edited by jbanger

I find it really hard to believe he's trying to scam us just cuz i think there must have been an easier way to scam all of us. Then again, it's really shitty to not reply to the thread for so long. 

I kinda lost interest in this whole thing after i realized the "S" was university style and not the OG design. 

He probably started out in good faith, but was tempted by all the extra funds and went on a copping spree. Dude posted a few times in the recent purchases thread during this whole ordeal. Then he realized he's fucked when it came time to pay up.

I've done this with my fantasy basketball leagues money but always manage to payout on time, even if I have to max out credit cards.

I just don't get why ebbets would work on the order before they get paid.

i just hope we get the money back cause i dont know what will happen if we don't. i assume we don't want to fork extra money over.

I don't think anybody will want to pay twice, but it's super shitty to leave ebbett's holding the bag on a $1600 order they already sewed.  They shouldn't've made the hats before getting the money but still...

Fuck, gonna have to pay more for this shit?

Also I'm still just stupefied as to why ebbets would manufacture 45 custom caps without being paid first. That shit is astounding.

Edited by zachinthebox

its possible that the manufacturer got the impression they were dealing with superfuture officially, but that seems weird as they were contacted by a random individual with no association with sufu. We are looking into this.

It's pretty easy to social engineer small businesses and misrepresent yourself if you sound like you know what you talking about.  

I didnt buy a hat and I am mad.  This guy worked out an elaborate(Not saying he was smart, way below min wage if you factor the in the amount of time) time consuming scheme to defraud 1600 over a 4 month period. He built up a lot of trust among people here to accomplish that.  Any normal person would be mad.

I think everyone is just disappointed that they were lied to.

I understand being disappointed-absolutely-but the positive remains that the hats are completed and are ready to ship now. ( The reality is that, given no one checked in on the progress of the order prior to recently, it's a plus an order was put through to begin with. I mean, seriously, dude's a considerate scammer.)  All it will take is another small payment and, at the very least, you'll have your hat while you wait out the conclusion to the supposed fraud. 

I understand being disappointed-absolutely-but the positive remains that the hats are completed and are ready to ship now. ( The reality is that, given no one checked in on the progress of the order prior to recently, it's a plus an order was put through to begin with. I mean, seriously, dude's a considerate scammer.)  All it will take is another small payment and, at the very least, you'll have your hat while you wait out the conclusion to the supposed fraud. 

So 70 bucks for a standford hat? Fuck outta here

I have nothing invested here, but Tres really isn't off base. I mean, if you're really hard up for $40 I get it, but you guys should just reorganize and get Ebbets paid off and the get the hats in your hands, then deal with Northwest. This really isn't Ebbet's problem, and if we ever have the hope of working with them again just get it done. 

Also, I know it isn't Sufu management's job to get trade on something they didn't endorse, but it was really cool of Ebbets to try to work out some ad trade. What, a few months of a banner ad or something? Ionno but if it was even indirectly my name tied to something like this I'd just do it, it doesn't cost much of anything and quickly solves the problem. 

Long story short you guys just PayPal me the money and I'll get it done. I swear I'm trustworthy... (10)

i feel like we have to deal with northwest first. I don't want that to be our last priority and potentially lose this "gung ho energy" that we have on his ass right now. 

this 21 douche just messed with the wrong group

Edited by mr.invincible