Yom

visvim s/s 2013

Hey guys,

What's the difference between the FW12 Artifact Coverall corduroy and the S13 Artifact Coverall Kano?

Thanks!

The Kano stuff is some form of indigo dye there is drk indigo. Indigo. And light indigo. The Kano stuff comes out in a artifact a 101 and pants as well. It is a indigo dyed corduroy It's a diff process then the regular natural dye stuff. And the price point on the Kano stuff is pretty reasonable.

Thanks for the info master!

Oh man, I'm regretting buying the fw12 Artifact coverall :((((

Is the color of the ss13 damaged 101 slighly lighter than the previous ones? Havent seen good pics yet.

it looks like the summer versions are always lighter than the FW ones

I just finished to litterally fight with my Grizzly's riri zip. It was completely stuck, it is now working again but it seems damaged and that may happened soon again. Visvim seriously need to change the metal zippers to YKK Excella or other smoother zippers, riri look good but the bigger metal ones are not sliding properly (PFD is like that, I had to put liquid soap on it).

EDIT : the zipper is now completely fucked up, very pissed right now even though I can still wear the boot without closing the zipper, that's not exactly what you expect from this kind of price range shoes

Edited by emixam

Hmm. Strange. I haven't had any problems with my riri zips.

On a side note. For my grizz - I don't use the zipper. Just slide the feets in and out.

sorry for being ignorance, but what's the different between fluxus and social sculpture in term of their denim pants?

I just finished to litterally fight with my Grizzly's riri zip. It was completely stuck, it is now working again but it seems damaged and that may happened soon again. Visvim seriously need to change the zippers to YKK Excella or other smoother zippers, riri look good but the bigger ones are not sliding properly (PFD is like that, I had to put liquid soap on it).

agreed. i have a moncler v goryu jacket and the 22L Lamina backpack and i have similar issues with the riri zippers on both. Especially on the goryu, sometimes i worry i'm about to break the whole damn zipper. i know riri zippers area sposed to be top-of-the-line buuuuut given the difficulty of actually zipping, iunno if i buy it.

anyone else got a raging hard on over the return of the townsend?

Literally just got mine. Size 2 navy - perfect.

I'm off to Captain a submarine whilst listening to "Who are you"

What's the RRP of the plain Townsend?

I'm actually pretty geeked about that suede varsity. Trying to justify getting another suede jacket, when I can only wear it one month a year...

Hey vis heads when was the most recent Kiefer high? Trying to track one down, preferably not collab stuff like the soph VD with the un-needed fleece lining. Just want to get high end regular chucks.

they have and wil be very embelished as of late, nothing like the older kiefers. maybe search for some olders, because the most recent where the Renos i believe. they have beads .

new to visvim, first purchase was a one wash lhamo shirt followed by ss13 light brown virgils in the last month. impressed by quality on both. looking to buy the amdo FBTs in April. Did a bit of looking around and ive been hearing they(FBTs) fit a little big? any advice is appreciated. also, how is the quality? ive heard i can get soles replaced for boots, but i'm a little worried about shoes breaking down after awhile.....not looking to buy multiple pairs of $500+ pairs of shoes. estimated retail?

(sorry for long ignorant post)

they have and wil be very embelished as of late, nothing like the older kiefers. maybe search for some olders, because the most recent where the Renos i believe. they have beads .

Thanks, where there any regular kiefer highs or something similar though? I recall old kiefers only came in mids.

^Thanks. Guess I have to look @ other labels then.

edit: Besides Kiefers and Skagways, any other models?

Edited by DJ_Flame

any chance a size 3 PFD 2.5L amdo gore tex would fit someone who is 6 foot 3 inches and weighs 170. I feel that I should wear a size 4/5 but the chance of me finding one in those sizes is very slim. if anyone has any info about sizing or where to find one itd be greatly appreciated.