visvim s/s 2013

Yom

Yes it's the picture that makes it look like that. I tried it on at the trunk not sure if anyone at the US trunk show ordered it. It was $15000 k at union so probly had like a 900,000 yen price tag. Very nice very cool does not seem it would last 20 years and for the price it should

Ah, ok, so after all these two photos are of the same jacket.. Well, it was available at some point at humanbehaviour (of course gone now). The color is fantastic. And yeah, I've seen the Virgils in that indigo dye color, they were up for grabs at yahoo auctions a week or two ago. They fetched 165 000 JPY.

That piece is a bit of mystery. Apparently they did release, and they did get sold, not just at trunk shows, but incredibly limited numbers. Naturally dyed brain tanned German deer leather. $9,000 at least.

Got curious about this, and found a process description: http://braintanned.com/howto.html, also because deer brain rang some warning bells from some previous reading: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_wasting_disease

The epidemiological study further concludes that, "[a]s a precaution, hunters should avoid eating deer and elk tissues known to harbor the CWD agent (e.g., brain, spinal cord, eyes, spleen, tonsils, lymph nodes) from areas where CWD has been identified."[2]

just some trivia, an amazing piece none the less.  B)

I am pretty sure I won't be able to grab this indigo elmendorf picaro, I'd be happy to order one somewhere and have the suede tan with the same proccess. Oh and it would probably cost 15 times less :)

sz 4, not really for sale though.

How tall are you Kaf?

Edited by kodziru

I am pretty sure I won't be able to grab this indigo elmendorf picaro, I'd be happy to order one somewhere and have the suede tan with the same proccess. Oh and it would probably cost 15 times less :)

You're not getting brain tanned anything for 15 times less. The reason they don't continue making items like that is because the margin is so low they're not worth the effort. Plus naturally dying the suede??? Insane process dude

Your size 4 SS13 Albacore looks like a perfect fit, I'd need a 3

yeah, i love it. favorite (affordable) piece of the season. tbh, the amdo pawnee jacket is probably my favorite, none for big people i guess....

And Akuma is dead on with the brain tain. Hiroki told me if I like the Virgil's get then cause he probly won't do it again cause he said it was not worth it. I did not get the Virgil cause at the time they were offering bespoke cordovan Virgil's , I got my foot measured paid waited three years and was refunded so apparently the bespoke thing did not work for them to well lol

Need some help guys..That's some older stuff dating back to FW12 I think Does anyone know if this jacket has ever hit Visvim shops? Haven't seen a single photo of it despite the images from "study and practice" exhibition in Hong kong:

visvim_elmendorf.jpg

I thought it's ELMENDORF PICARO / INDIGO:

visvim_picaro_indigo.jpg

but the color looks dramatically different.. I don't know if it's just the photos or are these two totally different jackets. Anyone can help?

I've seen it blue and brown.  "World of Tomorrow" at the Tokyo station marunochi side exit had blue last year and Im pretty sure I saw a brown one at the Harajuku store once.  Soooo expensive.

The close-up photos of the indigo elmendorf picaro from HK study & practice exhibition show that the tan suede is visvible here & there- so I'd say it's dye is as superficial as the dye of the 101 patches.

Brain tanned deer skin is actually not that expensive, ordering an A-2 jacket from your custom fabric is not expensive either, but I'd have to find someone to indigo dye the deer skin- doing it on your own wouldn't probably give good results.. : ) And yes, I'm really considering doing this as I'm 100% sure I won't be able to get that jacket and I really want one.

Thanks master, I have a lot on my plate as things are now so more power would be of much help  ;)

master: Picaro Virgils are made of german elk suede, so I guess same goes for Elmendorf Picaro? Someone mentioned german DEER skin earlier, it should be german ELK skin as you pointed out?

Edited by kodziru

Thinking about purchasing a Kilgore... does it run true to size or maybe smaller? Want to wear it layered over a Social Sculpture or White Owl or something like that... Would you size up?

Same topic: Does anyone of you have one for sale in olive maybe?

Many thanks in advance.

Kilgores depend on the season. For instance S/S linen ones are going to be tighter/smaller than AW ones. Hell, I think the 'regular' 2013 S/S Kilgores (olive, green, etc) were smaller than 2012 A/W  ones.. but ask someone for confirmation. If you are in the market for a Autumn/Winter Kilgore, go with the same size as your shirts. If you want a S/S Linen one, I'd consider going one size up.

Edited by kodziru

Ah, ok, thanks a lot!

Well, I'd go for a regular one but it seems that they are sold out in size 3 and also 4 at every store I know... On here they still have got the olive one: http://www.samplekickz.com/tag/visvim-jkt/page/2/ But it makes me a little bit worried that they write S, M, L instead of 1, 2, 3 and I've never purchased from them... are they trustworthy?

Thanks once again for your help on here.