coolhunter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
how are moscots?

does anyone happen to have a pair?

im interested in the miltzens in particular as i think a rounder frame would look better on my face.

any help is appreciated.

You should do a search for Moscots. There is a lot of good info in a bunch of different threads about them. I own 8 pairs right now and I'm kinda addicted to them. They are wonderful glasses and the sales staff (both online & in person) are fantastic. The Miltzens are actually the only frames they make that I don't own. I just prefer the thicker frames.

Here is an old pic I posted a while back of a few of my pairs.

2449907080_51eaf68b06_o.jpg

great frames jimmy. youre one of the few people on sufu that can pull them off properly. youre probably 1/5 on all of sufu actually.

anyways:

10061233402.jpg

blue grandmaster 2 (middle). japan only release. discuss.

I owned a Miltzens. Looks great with a slim face i suppose.. I like to wear them a bit lower on the nose.

About the quality, it is no where near the best unfortunately. Does not have a solid feel to it. You should definitely try it on before you buy. It's a love it or hate it thing.

how are moscots?

does anyone happen to have a pair?

im interested in the miltzens in particular as i think a rounder frame would look better on my face.

any help is appreciated.

I was interested in buying a pair of Moscots until I tried them on in-store. They feel extremely cheap and plasticy (they're made in china, for one), which makes the fact that they raised their prices by like 40% (probably due to their popularity) even more ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

didn't want to start a whole new thread for this. but does anyone know if rayban clubmasters come in a wider size? i havent been able to find much information, but it doesnt look promising.

anyone have a definitive answer? thanks

thanks to everyone for their help.

since i really only wear my glasses at night before bed and in the morning before i go out, im not incredibly worried about the strength of the glasses, so perhaps the moscots will work out alright for me.

im waiting for the larger size of miltzens in the tortoise colorway to come back into stock before i make the purchase, but ill keep sufu posted on my thoughts.

I have all three of those. I'm wearing the gray ones today in my waywt pic.

yeah, i actually saw your pic when i did a search for shuron the other day. you pull them off well.

i was gonna order the gray or the crystal but i found the sidewinders on sale so i may get them. since you have all three i take it they're good quality frames, right? do you prefer the freeway or sidewinder?

I've decided I want some black & white glasses, but I've only found two pairs from there pairs that sells them: Alex + Chloe, Versace, and Alain Mikili, does anyone know of any other brands that has the similar styles as these?

Here are the ones I've found but would like to see if there are anymore, and hopefully not over under $150

334r85x.jpg

$405

2945uyp.jpg

$199 but I hate those crystals on top of the design on the side

2ef0yza.jpg

$190 and my favorite so far but I'm not sure how I look in wayfarers yet.

Ultimately, I want a pair that is black on the outside, and white on the inside, pretty much what I want from the alex an chloe pair but hopefully a different look besides wayfarers.

Great boutique next to my house called De Visu has got me itching for some new frames. I tried on the Starck by Mikli ones with he cable instead of the hinge and they were comfy as hell, but she isn't carrying any of them in black. I should've asked in here instead of small questions, but I was wondering if anyone owns any Jai Kudo frames and could tell me how well they hold up. I can be a bit careless sometimes, so I'd like to know whether or not I'll wind up mutilating these.

Anyone know where to get good plastic frames in really small sizes? My face is really fucking narrow and I can't wear anything that I ever find. Usual sizes are like a 50-52mm but I need like a 46-48 at the biggest.

maybe try looking at japanese brands?

• 2 weeks later...

168wsjb.jpg

I own those Gucci's on the bottom left. Subtle dark brown.

A few comments about these specifically:

-People either compliment the glasses or tell me that I look like peter parker [my co-workers giving me a hard time]

-They aren't cheap, but my insurance took them down to a pretty reasonable price, I think they retail somewhere around $250-300, however online they may be a little less, especially because I got them in the fall of 2005

-My left side of the frame broke, but that is because I left the glasses in my jacket while I was skiing and took a nasty fall. I had to super glue them back together. One disadvantage of plastic frames is that most breaks are not fixable.

-They are the EXACT models that Jemaine wears in the flight of the conchords hbo series. However, I got these in the fall of 2005 so this is a pure coincidence.

-I've never met anyone in person that has them, and the branding is so subtle that you really don't have to worry making it obvious you are wearing gucci