Take5 hk interview

sammyshima

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Phrost

Wow, take5 looks like a denim haven. Do they only sell Japanese brands? How are the prices there? Lol, I just saw the buddy Lee dolls on display. Remember the commericals from a few years ago? Classic.

Wow, take5 looks like a denim haven. Do they only sell Japanese brands? How are the prices there? Lol, I just saw the buddy Lee dolls on display. Remember the commericals from a few years ago? Classic.

ho-ho-hoooly shit...i think i just came.

to stay on thread - prices at Take5 are more expensive than if you bought on rakuten, but it depends on how much shipping you're paying for rakuten. possibly equivalent to juno's prices?

evisu...and warehouse shoe

14014340.9479e1.jpg

Wow. A pair of Yamane Stylecraft (the ones with the bows on the back pockets). It's been a very long time since I've seen a pair of those.

Out of interest, what size, and how much, are they?

sorry,not for sale!

Probably for the best (for my wallet, at any rate). I remember when those came into Selfridges when I used to work for Diesel in there. They were £250, which for a pair of jeans in 1998 was a lot! I'd love to find a deadstock pair, but I guess I will search in vain.

If I remember right, the selvedge is half-yellow and half-blue?

benny.jpgbenny3.jpgbenny2.jpg

owner benny lovingly doing a union special chainstitch hem on my 3001,

sammy, norman, and benny were all super helpful, and full of information...

benny was only to willing to show me stuff in the incredible collection of books and mags they have for reference...the warehouse denim bound history was esp nice..

I wish there were "jean shops" like this where I am from. Seems like just such an awsome vibe in there. To sound cliche, it looks to really be about the denim. And in store hemming like this is something that I do not understand why all stores that sell Jeans does not have. Chainstich or not.

Sammy,My sister is going to HK over a week...

What's your address and how do you get to Take 5

Thanks

Dave

take the mtr to tsim sha tsui. exit B i think. go up carnavon road and make a right on granville.

all y'all can thank me for bringin take5 to superfuture. :D