Problems with Sharp Service?

jesus_yamato

Did anyone have problems using Sharp Service Japan recently?

I have placed a store pick up order with them a month ago but they are really taking the piss to me.

They almost disappear after I paid and after one month they told me the order is cancelled without any explanation.

During this month I sent them quite a few emails but they didn't give me any concrete response and most of the time they just ignored my emails.

I had been using them since a couple years back but recently it's services seems go down a lot.

Is it just my problem or are they becoming doggy now?

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this thread, if admin feels like this thread should be moved somewhere else please feel free to do so

Thanks

yeah I stopped using them completely. They are some rude motherfuckers and when they want they will ignore you for as many months as it takes before they ship something no matter how hard you try to reach them. And if you get the wrong thing... you will never hear back, like forever, ever ever, ever ever. yeah ever.

^update to my previous post: after hearing that other people had been having problems with them, I decided to file PayPal disputes with as many of my payments to SharpService as I could. I then sent an email informing them that I had filed the disputes, and that I would gladly close them if they would provide me with my tracking information and my pending refunds. I very quickly got an email back from someone I've never emailed with (Tom) who said he would love to talk to me over the phone about my problems. I've given him my phone number, and he'll be calling me at some point this afternoon.

Tom is friendlier because he's the guy that works in the UK for some reason there are times that he answers emails and he's more polite for sure but it's hard to reach just him and he has to email them to get updates so it's not useful but nice to to hear from someone who's not a rude fuckhead. I think SS proxies everything now so if you're looking to bid or get something that's not worth their while they really don't give a shit.

I actually spoke to the owner of SSJ. Really nice guy, unfortunately not for those who work on behalf of him. I've had problems for quite some time now and they are accusing me of owing them money when i never got refunded from a previous auction I was outbid on.

Recently started using fromjapan and couldn't be happier. Better bidding system and everything is in your hands. Quicker shipping! I wish I found them earlier. Sharp service japan will slowly rot. Unless they offer me no 5% fee I will never return back. Just fingers crossed that my fucking issue gets resolved and more importantly my item to arrive to my premises.

ive been using Hide (and now Michi) since 2008, they are deff a long way from the old days when i found cookies and chocolates in my visvim orders. my worst experiance was when i got the totally wrong color in a pair of pants i had ordered... they had no explanation or solution. luckily i flipped them.

i feel like over the years they just keep getting more and more busy, so emails get unanswerd and orders get delayed of course. my issue is when they take payment for a pick up or preorder and dont come through.... happened to me twice. total bummer as i then had to find the items on yahoo japan and use sharp service again. haha but at a higher price.

I've had a few issues in the past with placing orders for items 2-3 days before the auction ended and never getting my bid placed, but they quickly refunded my money. It might be a bit overkill but I usually message Hide-san quickly before placing an order to let him know and they usually place the bid / purchase the item within an hour after I place it now. Got a new job and need a bunch of work clothes and I've had 5+ orders since September be placed and shipped no problem. I just think they've gotten a lot busier in the last few years as Vinneus said.

Not a guarantee that what I do will work for everyone, but it's worked for me in the 3 years I've been using SS.

Edited by jdemotion

i used them for many years before. in the beginning they were great. answers e-mails well. shipped items on time. great price.

in recent years they have went to shit. they over charge you on shipping and will not refund you a dime. also the customer service is shit as well. you always have to remind them to update the status on the order even after weeks or months of no communication. i am very glad i stopped using their service. with all the extra fees that you pay in their made up shipping quote, you might as well try a different service.

also they will never reply to these comments. they basically don't care.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got any response from them lately? They responded to an email on Friday but haven't heard from them since despite emailing and skyping everyday since then up until now. they haven't been online on skype for the past couple of days either :/

The status of the sharpservicejp company is "active-proposal to strike off" as of 19th November. No idea what is really going on with them haha.

No problems with them until now so i've stayed with them but i've tried another service in between this and will definitely be switching completely now.

Loyalty isn't going to get anyone far, especially when it comes to business. They won't give you any compensation no matter how often and long you have used them for. Efficiency and user friendliness is much preferred in my eyes. As mentioned earlier, for those experiencing problems there is an alternative which is far better; (fromjapan)

I have a piece SSJ still haven't sent out since, October.

Yeah Hide replied to me earlier tonight assuring me that my latest order with them was going fine.

Hopefully the rest of it runs smoothly and everybody's disputes with them eventually get resolved.

Stylisticsspace is great, ordered with him when SSJ was undergoing maintenance the other week and extremely quick. Highly recommended.

FromJapan sounds great too. Their bidding system without a higher fee is really attractive.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

do so,

I've been waiting for my refund for almost 2 months, and havent heard back from them since 3 weeks ago.

anyone know how can i get in touch with them?

beside email-facebook-or I've even tried calling their office :(

Edited by diorowen

• 1 month later...

I've used them for the past few years. Many perfectly smooth orders. Back in December, though I made two deposits for an auction (I made a mistake in the amount the first time, and corrected it with a second). No bid was made, which was annoying, but not the end of the world. I figured they were busy. So I told them to hold my deposit, that I might find another auction to use it on. They agreed, having done this before, for me. Around February 10, I sent a new link to them, and asked them to use the funds set aside. Michi said he would do so, after checking that everything was in order. No bid was placed. After a week or two, I sent another email asking what was going on, and to have them contact me if there was a problem. No response. Now, it has been about three months that they've had my money, and one month with no reply.

I want to open a Paypal dispute, but I'm worried I don't have a case because I used the gift payment (having dealt successfully with them a number of times before). Thoughts?