Japanese selvage stores in Taipei?

jet190rs

I'm visiting Taipei and am hoping it'll be the next best thing to going to Japan (really wish I could stop by there). I've heard of a 45rpm store and a store called Faith that supposedly carries Sugar Cane. Any other stores with Japanese selvage (especially Pure Blue)???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've been to both Faith and the 45rpm store. Faith has Sugar Cane, Joe McCoy, and Buzz Rickson. Selection is small and if you can't find your size, they'll special order it for you. 45rpm selection isn't good. There's 2 shops, one on An-He Road and the other in Sogo Department Store on Zhong Xiao E Road. I've only been to the An-He Road store and was told the selection at Sogo would be about the same. they only have a few styles and i didn't see any raw or one-wash denim.

haven't been able to find any Pure Blue or other brands (Samurai, Studio D'Artisan, etc) but i'm sure it's available somewhere. edwin is available everywhere and at pretty reasonable prices. there's also a place called 1001 on Dun-Hua S. Road, i think it's alley 187 or 287 that carries Red Monkey...but that's not really my thing.

yeah, xi-men ding has a lot of shops. there's another 1001 store (the place with RMC) in the Eslite department store right after you come out of exit 6 of the MRT station. i've seen Edwin, Blue Way (Japanese but which i don't know too much about and have never seen anyone mention here), Lee, Levis (LVC), and some others but again, nothing like Studio D'Artisan, Pure Blue, Samurai, etc. i haven't fully explored all the places but because there are TONS of shops there, i suspect you might be able to find some good japanese denim around.

• 2 months later...

A little question: Is "Faith No More"?.

Been to Taipei last week and couldn't find "Faith" where it should be. A shopkeeper across the street told me it's been closed. Found "Summit" and both Rby45RPM stores. Summit had an nice selection of Eternals. 45RPM had nothing interesting (Mainly super-expensive-girl's stuff. Non-selvedge jeans).

THX,

Chipopo

If you happen to pass by Taichung, there's a nice store called Thurs. Last time I was there (a little before summer) they had a bunch of Fullcount and some Sugarcanes joints. I think they also have Warehouse jeans and their own selvage jean line.

There used to be 2 Faith shops. One in Gong Guan (get off at the Gong Guan MRT station) and one on Zhong Xiao E. Road. The shop on Zhong Xiao E. Road closed about a year ago. The one in Gong Guan was there as of mid-September. It's on Roosevelt Road, Section 4, Alley 136, 1 Nong (not sure there's an English translation for that), #13. If you're walking down Roosevelt, heading west, hang a right before you hit Rose Records. It's one of the Alley ways on the left hand side. Small store. It doesn't open until mid-afternoon.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't know there were 2 faiths. Went for the one that closed down a year ago (Near summit).

Summit is a nice little shop. They carry many eternal models but only two that may interest SF'ers: 811 & 866. Both in one-wash state and are very very tight with very rough denim. Faith is supposed (I missed it...) to carry a small selection of Sugarcane models.

Cheers,

Chipopo

• 3 weeks later...
a member here, zk0425, runs a shop in taipei i believe. i'll try to find the address of the place...

faith

886 2 27815056

pm: 14:00~22:00

address

1F.-1, No.38, Lane 161, Sec. 1, Dunhua S. Rd., Da-an District, Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.)

:)

:P yes

it is my shop~~~

wow.. !! I show 200% respect. I check your web site.. God damn.. you know so much shit.. I am from Taiwan, Taipei. I lived in Neh Hu.. Now I live in L.A. Dude.. next time I go.. I will check it out your place..

sure , it's my pleasure

anytime :)

you can call me if you back taipei

:P yes

it is my shop~~~

老闆 - 我去過您的店. 沒想到您自己的denim collection比店裡面來的多!

(Translation: ZK - I've been in your store. Didn't realize your personal denim collection was so much bigger than what you carry in the store!)

目前有沒有計畫要買其他的品牌嗎?

Do you have plans to sell brands other than than McCoy and Sugarcane in Faith?

我好像看到有一條jeans是made in 台中. 您能不能介紹一下?

Also, I saw a pair of jeans in your store which I think were made in Taichung, Taiwan. Can you tell us a bit more about them?

請原諒我 - 我的中文不太好.

Forgive me. My Chinese isn't terribly good.

老闆 - 我去過您的店. 沒想到您自己的denim collection比店裡面來的多!

(Translation: ZK - I've been in your store. Didn't realize your personal denim collection was so much bigger than what you carry in the store!)

目前有沒有計畫要買其他的品牌嗎?

Do you have plans to sell brands other than than McCoy and Sugarcane in Faith?

我好像看到有一條jeans是made in 台中. 您能不能介紹一下?

Also, I saw a pair of jeans in your store which I think were made in Taichung, Taiwan. Can you tell us a bit more about them?

請原諒我 - 我的中文不太好.

Forgive me. My Chinese isn't terribly good.

我的缺點跟您很像Forgive me. My ENGLISH isn't terribly good.

我店內通常不會放太多現貨,大多讓顧客訂購居多

目前正在積極洽談其他品牌不過因為考量因素居多所以暫時還不確定

您說的The jeans in store made in Taichung.那是朋友店內的產品

我也不太清楚細節,抱歉

能麻煩您替我翻譯一下嗎?謝謝:)

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i just went to faith here in taipei and bought myself a pair of one wash SC1947s.

the store has moved since zk last posted here. he asked me to update the address and info.

i'm pretty sure the store hours are the same, but they were open a little later today for some reason.

they're located on dun hua lane 161 building number 38. its a tiny ass store, more or less just a room. its easier to get there if you're on zhongxiao by the zhongxiao dunhua MRT station and look for the "chinese KFC" not an actual KFC, but the chinese version of it. then walk down that street and itll be on your right.