poopie boy

lets talk watches

I think I'm going to sell my Mark XV, haven't worn it in more than a year. Any idea how much I can get for it?

seems like the going rate on ebay is 3300

Sweet. I paid 1650 off of TZ, but that was back before they were discontinued.

well in that case, I'll give you 1500 for it!

back to wearing this recently...

f09a54b2879e11e18cf91231380fd29b_6.jpg

Any suggestions for online resources (forums, retailers, etc.) I can browse for a ref. 5513 submariner? I've checked the TZ forums but am looking to broaden my search if possible.

anyone here fux with Vostok? thinking about getting myself one.

Edited by AYIYI

my grandpa gave me this a few weeks ago and i brought it to work for repair (i work at tourneau) and it's gonna cost $400 to fix, and that's with an employee discount...

never paid that much for a watch let alone a repair

09bea00c4f9f11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

tourneau, as you probably know from working there, is a joke. Take it to an Omega boutique and get a quote from them. For around the same amount they will do a complete overall, rebrush and replace any worn parts with the real deal. It will look brand new. vs just a maintenance of the movement.

You're one lucky guy, a connie is one of the holy grails of the vintage world, even if it isn't a pie pan connie. That crystal doesn't look original but the Omega people will take care of it and bring it back to spec. Also try Nesbit's, they have a stock of original vintage omega parts.

anyone here fux with Vostok? thinking about getting myself one.

if you get one from a legit dealer then no prob. i almost copped via ebay, then i read that they all have an original face but a non vostok movement. at the time i didn't have the cash to cop from a certified dealer so i never ended up owning one. some of em are really nice though.

tourneau, as you probably know from working there, is a joke. Take it to an Omega boutique and get a quote from them. For around the same amount they will do a complete overall, rebrush and replace any worn parts with the real deal. It will look brand new. vs just a maintenance of the movement.

You're one lucky guy, a connie is one of the holy grails of the vintage world, even if it isn't a pie pan connie. That crystal doesn't look original but the Omega people will take care of it and bring it back to spec. Also try Nesbit's, they have a stock of original vintage omega parts.

tourneau sales people generally know nothing about the watches they sell, but i imagine the maintenance people are qualified...

never thought of a constellation as a holy grail, even the pie pans aren't all that rare. but yeah, always a good idea to go to the manufacturer. just make sure you provide really detailed instructions on what you want done and what you don't want done. for example, rolex's SOP are to replace anything worn or scratched with an era-appropriate NOS part, but if they can't get it, they'll put a more modern part on, so you end up with a franken-watch if you're not careful and specific.

^^^ Holy grail in a casual collector, mass produced kind of way :)

Always nice to see fellow Hobokenites on here too!

it took three months, but i finally got it today

rdm.jpg

it took three months, but i finally got it today

rdm.jpg

Well played sir. That's a big boy watch if I've ever seen one.

Picked this up the other day. I needed a dressier watch for a new job I landed at Harry Rosen in Toronto. I'll be wearing suits daily which is going to be a huge change for me.

im4ee9e3b20281c.jpg

im thinking to grab this meister ostrich .. anyone ever seen them in real life?

Nw2sd.jpg

jh6Ho.jpg

considering this trade: i get a jlc master moon in the old 37mm size with the black dial they did a while back for my iwc mark xv plus some cash. not sure about it. i don't really have anything else like either of them. both discontinued, but the jaeger is probably more rare/harder to replace. what do ya'll think?

Edited by ericdw

considering this trade: i get a jlc master moon in the old 37mm size with the black dial they did a while back for my iwc mark xv plus some cash. not sure about it. i don't really have anything else like either of them. both discontinued, but the jaeger is probably more rare/harder to replace. what do ya'll think?

Depending on the condition of both, I would probably say do it. JLC's are special.

after about 18 months of mulling over different pieces in the $3k range i ended up getting a mark xv last month. however, been looking at jlc mc moons lately, but not the biggest fan of the silver dial. never seen the 37 before until you mentioned it. black dial looks awesome. my only reservation is the 37mm (and i have 6.5 inch wrist). however, i think i'd take the trade, the jlc being the rarer watch and if you don't like it you can always find a mark xv again.

Edited by dumadiscount

eh. the guy ended up wanting too much cash in addition, and was super difficult to deal with so i just walked away. plus, after i took the mark xv out of the safe to take pictures and stuff, i kinda realized how much i liked it.

sweet, yeah i dont think i'll ever get rid of my mark xv. would be a good beater if i upgraded or watch to pass down to my son one day.

saw your old post about selling it... i paid 2800 for my minty one on leather

Edited by dumadiscount

so i was on the market for a black automatic simple military watch because i'm getting tired of the poor reserve de marche (and the noise) of my cheap russian military watch that I had bought to replace the Seiko Diver 200 that I lost in a moshpit at a punk concert.

I'm a huge fan of this Hamilton (and of the Sinn 556 and all but it's out of my price range) and tried it in shop a couple of times, but although I probably could afford it, I have other priorities right now. I found one around $700 shipped to Europe on eBay but ... no I mustn't be tempted.

img57229107.jpg

I wanted one of those for quite a while but they don't have automatic, just an apparently very noisy mechanical or quartz.

ww194015l.jpg

Then I found this one on the internet but then I google the brand, MWC watch, and only found negative feedbacks. Mostly this brand says it's a contractor for the uk army and all but it's a big lie, they're basically overpriced cheap chinese watches.

MWC%20MKIII%20PVD%20ON%20STRAP%20375%20s.jpg

Then I tried to find "pvd automatic" on ebay just for a laugh and found this cheap chinese watch that is available for $71 shipped on the website written on the watermark of that picture. I read ok reviews about it on forums so I ordered one.

6999.jpg

I also have this Seiko back at home somewhere but it broke and I never bothered repairing it. I think that I will give it to someone when I come home this summer and see if it can be repaired.

8cfe4d65d3370e740138b4b9.jpg

Edited by freecat

what about the 556? the seiko is a chronograph and getting a second one (a la 756) seems a bit pointless?

the hamilton and the 556 are at about the same pricepoint

yeah I meant 556. the thing is that I can't exactly afford it/don't want to spend that much money, and it doesn't seem to exist in black.

yeah i guess if you want a full black watch as a beater i'd go for the cheaper alternative

What about a Steinhart Ocean Black DLC?

Oh yeah I sort of forgot about that one altough it's a bit bigger than what i'm looking for. I remember they used to be around 220 euro something a while ago, should have kopped back then :(

Anyone know the going rate for a Sinn 244 in the used market? I know Sinn doesn't make this model anymore so I'm just asking for fun (not like I could afford it right now anyway). I just really like the smaller 36mm case diameter and it just looks like a nice everyday watch.

*edit

there's one on rakuten for about $3000 usd - ouch

Edited by hhenryhhh

Check the watchuseek boards for used Sinns.

(no affiliation with them, just have had good experiences there)

Anyone ever buy anything off chrono24?