superconfessional

unklesteve is in cleveland heights.

i have a guy...just can't see him right now. :(

julz you still in high school?

no, i am not. :P

Every few weeks i search for more information about my alter ego, IK, only to be dissapointed because the two sites with information haven't been updated in three or four years.

Edited by kiya

i am still all these things, but i have stayed friends/reconnected with a lot of friends from gradeschool as we grew up, at least age-wise.

I was a giant douchebag in elementary school, saying stuff a nine year old should not be saying. Also total pervert and I probably ruined these girls' childhoods. Adding!

I went to a tiny neighborhood primary school in Australia (years 1-7, one class of 15-20 per year level) so we're all friends on there and talk to each a fair bit now, 20 years later. We definitely sat up on the top slat of the bleachers during phys ed swim class, waiting for the girls to come out, and watched our teacher change into her one-piece swimsuit a few times through the cinder block vents. :) She was a cutie too, thinking back now, actually, all but one were all the way through. Then we'd go back to being 3rd grader gay with each other. As long as you weren't talking about tentacle rape Gizmo, you're probably ok.

One guy uploaded our class photos from way back, like 1990, and tagged us all in them. I am secretly hoping some of the girls on my facebook saw that on their feeds and awarded me some imaginary cute points, because god knows I need them lately.

I added friends from middle/high school on facebook. Sent the a message on their boards but none replied... I was pretty much wallpaper back then and few friends. After graduation many kept in touch with each other since they were going to the same universities or cities but I went elsewhere and lost touch until facebook came along.

oh well... life still goes on

High school/elementary school friends are pretty forgettable if you grew up going to schools of any real size, so there should be no love lost there.

I am kind of jealous of high schoolers in Asia, Asian teenagers are the bitchiest human beings on earth, but they have that school pride mentality like an old boys society, and go out brawling on the streets and go everywhere like 20 heads deep. I would have loved that back then.

i think you've been watching one too many Young and Dangerous movies

thats probably the case with some high schools, but none of those fools would be posting away on a computer...theyre probably broke as fuck and go out brawling to rid their minds of the fact their dad just had a kid with their sister or something.

i wrote a fucking A+ paper for this american classics course i'm taking (the course itself has been a load of horse-shit) and the teacher gave me a D. this is another D in a long line of D's that should be at least B's. most of the class is receiving similar grades, but i'm at a loss to why my paper, which both met and exceeded the prompt by a mile, edited by my english major brother, meticulously researched edited and revised by myself up until 2:30 the morning before it was due, was given a D. the other papers i can say were not my best work, but as i stated before deserved B's, and any other teacher would've given them as such. but there is something about this teacher, and i think he's becoming vindictive towards me and is trying to spite me just before the end of school, that is driving me fucking nuts.

i filed a formal complaint with my counselor, and my parents are going in to meet with the heads of the english department, but there is no reason whatsoever that this paper should be getting a fucking D. i'm not gonna lie, the paper is fucking ballin and a half.

There's really not much that can be done about this. This sounds like a textbook case of bias. You'll get this in english and social science classes, sometimes in art classes as well. This teacher probably doesn't like you, or has unrealistic expectations as far as the comprehension of his intended point goes. If this was to be a subjective essay, than he wanted you to tell him what he feels about the subject at hand, not what you feel.

My first semester out of highschool I had to take english 101. I've never gotten anything lower than an A in any english class. It was an evening class, mostly women, single mothers and the like. Yes, a community college. Well, the prof was a morbidly obese black woman with a huge camel-toe that was always noticably moist with sweat or urine. Anyway, she would always force Black Nationalist literature down our throats. It was degrading garbage, propaganda filled with hate and spite and the logic of an inbred pitbull. I was blown away that she could get away with teaching it. Anyway, the paper we were to write was to be openly subjective and we were to compare our life experiences with those of the writer's and convey our feelings about the subject matter. Well, I basically, inch by inch, destroyed the writers logic not only with my own experiences but with historical fact and sociological prose of the highest standard.

I got a D. No explaination. She wouldn't give me a reason.

I suppose I understood where her hate came from, growing up in the 50's and 60's in baltimore on top of being an ugly cave-bitch of a whore's mistake... But still, c'mon.

That semester I got a fucking C in english. I still think about taking 101 again to bring my GPA up because every time I see that on my transcript my eyes burn with rage.

Moral of the story: In english, if they don't like you for some crazy reason or another, you won't get an A no matter how hard you work. Teaching requires incredible character and judgement. This is why so many teachers fail at applying those two things honestly. They're just not good enough people for the job.

History graduates unite! What type of history did you focus on, jpgm?

Primarily early christian history from the beginning till just before reformation and then as far as non-religious stuff, late antiquity through early middle ages for me.

Before I dropped it, I was ready to transfer into a history major. My focus was actually prechristian tribal europe. Not much of a buck in that, though.

Now I'm looking into NYU's sound design program at the age of... ugh... 23.

jpgm: brisbane here... olden days...

jet: 23 ain't shit, do it....

Thanks. I need to hear that shit because I don't come from $$$ and I'll be on my own up there getting a degree in a competative field that's filled with tech wizards, nerds with peabody pedigrees in music theory and composition, and sound "artists."

I'm actually more of the latter with no classical training in theory. In fact, I can't even play piano well. I do synthesis and most of my work is textural and abstract-compositional. Honestly, my method of working will translate better to film and even game production because abstract ambience is becoming a huge staple of those two mediums. It's closer to absolute production and mixing and traditional scoring is becoming very bland and obsolete. Most of those guys never discovered Varese or Feldman so they don't really worry me. It's the techies that have me scared. I'll have to become one of those, too, or there's no way I could compete.

Well, you're in a better dilemma than most. Having an idea/not having the money to do it is always a better situation than not having an idea at all. Money for school is out there.

We're not racing to the grave, so you needn't wear some sort of time limit on your personal development. On the other hand though, you don't know what life will throw at you in the future, so taking some action on your idea while it's in you and accepting the challenges as they come later, I think that is the best course to take. Can't sit around waiting for life to begin.

Jet, I wish I could +rep. I've had so many biased English teachers. Fuck them all.

As a quick side note, I'm doing better than I was doing a few weeks ago. I am currently coaxing some bitch that lives above me into sex and I'm turning 21 in about 3 days. Things are not so bad.