Evolution of Leather Goods: Before and After Pictures

Guest doubletap
Redmoon wallet. Was natural/tan. Almost 2.5 years old.

RM3.jpg

RM2.jpg

RM1.jpg

By the way. I've always kept it so that the button is inside (against my ass...). Your jeans will like it more that way. :)

this needs to be oiled.

awesome wallet, where you cop and how much

Thanks. I had a friend get it for me in Tokyo at Albuquerque, which is the only place I know of that sells Last Crops (online at least). http://goodleather.co.jp/

It cost about $350 US. Steep yeah, but so worth it. This thing is amazing - such soft yet thick leather and military-grade stitching. I can't wait to see how it ages. I'll post pics as it does.

please do, I am still deciding between this or the wildswans since the price is fairly the same, but its so harddd

Thanks. I had a friend get it for me in Tokyo at Albuquerque, which is the only place I know of that sells Last Crops (online at least). http://goodleather.co.jp/

It cost about $350 US. Steep yeah, but so worth it. This thing is amazing - such soft yet thick leather and military-grade stitching. I can't wait to see how it ages. I'll post pics as it does.

What's the difference between the LC Flicker II and the LC Wings, except the price tag?

What's the difference between the LC Flicker II and the LC Wings, except the price tag?

The Wings is pretty much a standard billfold with 6 card slots and is thinner than the Flicker ll. On the Flicker ll, there are 8 slots, and the way the card slot panel is attached to the wallet is unlike anything I've seen--they're attached in the middle so it appears as though they're floating. I know it sounds weird.

Someone here said that they're made with different leather, though I don't know that for sure. They're are probably some other differences as well that I forgot to mention, but main thing is: Flicker ll=thick, Wings=thin. And there are pictures floating around of both...

The Wings is pretty much a standard billfold with 6 card slots and is thinner than the Flicker ll. On the Flicker ll, there are 8 slots, and the way the card slot panel is attached to the wallet is unlike anything I've seen--they're attached in the middle so it appears as though they're floating. I know it sounds weird.

Someone here said that they're made with different leather, though I don't know that for sure. They're are probably some other differences as well that I forgot to mention, but main thing is: Flicker ll=thick, Wings=thin. And there are pictures floating around of both...

Thanks for your help Chponglasia. I've seen both models on the Albuquerque 88 website. A friend of mine is in Tokyo next week and he wants to bring me a wallet from their shop. I'm thinking about a natural tan bifold. Last Crops might be the way to go. The Flicker II is almost twice as expensive, so I hesitate to choose that one over the Wings. They are only 24.000 yen or so.

I've read here on SuFu that Chiba from Albuquerque 88 said that he prefers the Last Crops over the Wild Swans due to better quality. Can anyone confirm this? Their Wings are even cheaper at 19.000 yen..

I reckon it's difficult to find someone who owns/owned both? Well, you never know....

Thanks for your help Chponglasia. I've seen both models on the Albuquerque 88 website. A friend of mine is in Tokyo next week and he wants to bring me a wallet from their shop. I'm thinking about a natural tan bifold. Last Crops might be the way to go. The Flicker II is almost twice as expensive, so I hesitate to choose that one over the Wings. They are only 24.000 yen or so.

I've read here on SuFu that Chiba from Albuquerque 88 said that he prefers the Last Crops over the Wild Swans due to better quality. Can anyone confirm this? Their Wings are even cheaper at 19.000 yen..

I reckon it's difficult to find someone who owns/owned both? Well, you never know....

Yeah, Chiba said that to me in an email. Here's exactly what he said in response to me asking about the difference between LC and WS:

"The difference between Wild Swans and Last Crops are quality of the leather.

Last Crops is higher quality than Wild Swans...... and also process too. We do

not sell the Wild Swans Flicker 2 anymore(because of low quality). "

I would probably trust that. And Dick Danger owns both, but not the same model, so I don't know if you can make a fair comparison. My suggestion is to go with the Last Crops whichever model you choose. At least you won't be plagued with regret about getting something that's too high quality... and it's only about 40 bucks difference...

Let us now what you decide!

Alright, I will not pursue a Wild Swans wallet. You are right about the 40 bucks. It's worth the extra, trusting Chiba's word. After all he's a salesman, he could just be manipulating...

Ah well, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.

So then there's the dilemma LC Flicker II versus LC Wings.

Do Last Crops have a website? I was looking for half an hour today and thought I was a complete retard not being able to find it so I called it quits. Somebody rescue me.

It comes down to how thick you want your wallet to be and how many card slots you need. What do you carry now? Also I'll say that the Flicker ll is definitely a more unique wallet...

Yeah, and i've never been able to find a Last Crops site either. Would love to find it though. Anybody?

here's another pic of my Flicker ll for no reason:

P1000103.jpg