Visvim F/W 12

seven.homme

I have the 09 bickle and the pfd corduroy. There's is no difference in quality. Now sure herring bone cotton on a gortex maybe a little more sturdy the corduroy. But if anything they have upgraded the inner construction of the 3 L gortex by making the checkered pattern. There is no difference what so every, and corduroy is very durable still. So while the corduroy may feel lighter then the herringbone does not make it less durable. And like I said with the new jackets having that checkered insides, to me it seems like a upgrade. I've worn both equally as much and after 2 years of Michigan weather wear both jackets look brand new still. So those getting the AWOL or ogala, will not be disappointed.

rirawin - how's the quality on the suede varsity? did you own previous varsity with wool body/leather sleeves?

f/w 08-09 is the best season imo. so many quality pieces taking traditional shapes and adding a bit of hidden tech with strong urban tone. more blacks, less browns.

i still need to buy a lieutenant 3L in sz S, if anyone out there has one. Willing to trade FW 08-09 green nomad 3L (w/ leather tabs and buckles) in sz S. PM me!

Please chk your pm

I wasn't choosing, I was referring to the quality of leather and construction, not the aesthetic/style of the jacket. As obviously one is a classic, while the other is more "fashion forward". In retrospect, I shouldn't have used the word "equivalents".

I was referring to this:

The horsehide Elmendorf of course goes w/o saying, almost on par with the CCP horsehide stuff from last spring. Seeing as CCP is still more expensive the Elmendorf seems to be the way to go.

sure - is it ok if I don't wear a shirt?

@jcashen - I got the navy cw, same color as the oglala featured in this weeks vis lookbook. i'm pretty excited myself, i like the trench-like design and full hood. i originally wanted pink but they didn't produce that it in a 3 so i went for navy. i'm kinda glad it worked out that way b/c in the long run i'll get more use out of navy than pink.

lol not really sure if you're bring sarcastic or not but yah I don't mind. would really like to own one of these non-washed denim one day. Yours is a 03 version?

@jl3969 quality is amazing... as you would hope/expect for the price tag. I really can't fault it. I haven't owned any of the other varsities, but I have tried a couple of my friends ones on. While I like the duo-tone material used in them, the goat suede really elevates the whole thing to a new level. My only gripe is, while I think I look as badass as Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction, my missus, on the contrary thinks I look like a hippie...

@the breaks, apologies for grabbing the wrong end of the stick!

@emixam that's rather embarrassing...