what belts with denim?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking last night that it seemed kinda odd to wear a leather SC belt with "eco friendly" jeans like Edo-Ai's. Then I realized that the brand on the SC belt says "Original style leather Man made material." Does this mean the SC belts aren't real leather?

http://www.eleatherworks.com/product.php?productid=17680&cat=296&page=1

I bought that, a 5/32 belt hole punch, and a pint of pure neatsfoot oil from them for like 27 dollars shipped. I measured out where I wanted the holes, then using my old belt I spaced them perfectly and cut them out. Finally i used my old belt to mark where the end went and cut it down to size... I love it so much more because I made it myself

That's pretty intersting. Do you have pics of your final belt? I like the d-i-y approach.

I was thinking last night that it seemed kinda odd to wear a leather SC belt with "eco friendly" jeans like Edo-Ai's. Then I realized that the brand on the SC belt says "Original style leather Man made material." Does this mean the SC belts aren't real leather?

i believe they are made of real leather. theres a thread on style forum if you search garrison belt where they discuss it.

leather goods connection has some really good product, and he makes custom belts, wallets, or anything else. just go to leathergoodsconnection.com. his prices are at least half that of an esteemed garment maker( about half), plus your joints will be unique. anything non-leather will be eco-friendly, but if its that imitation leather shit like at hot topic, they wont last for shit. a belt should age with the denim...

i believe they are made of real leather. theres a thread on style forum if you search garrison belt where they discuss it.

Thanks, I found the thread.

hey has anyone ordered the SC garcon belt FO1406? im not sure what size to get... i wear a size 31 DH 21cms if that's any help... thanks!

http://www.zipangu-treasures.com/servlet/the-17/Sugar-Cane-Natural-Cowhide/Detail

I ordered one. It seems like it's best to size up on these. You might want to look at a 32, or even a 34. I wear a 36 in Sam's and Oni's (stretched to 38). I ordered a 40, and it fits perfectly. A 38 would NOT have worked.

So here's my e-leatherworks belt I made. I added the snaps option (they only had 100pack's of chicago screws) and the belt keeper option. I used my old belt to mark the distance between the holes and used the 5/32" punch to make the holes, then I cut it down to size with a fresh x-acto using my old belt to get a good shape for the end. I'm planning on making a solid sterling silver belt buckle like the one on the Samurai Python belt with the hammered texture on the outside (I took metalworking class this past semester) and i might make a Sterling silver belt keeper too. The light piece of leather laying beside/ontop of the belt is what the leather looked like before suntanning and oiling it.

beltfull.jpg

beltclose.jpg

Any recommendations on how to take care of the SC Garrison Belt? I got the nude/raw one and I'd like it a little darker and softer. I'm thinking about buying either Obernauf's or Pecards but I'm curious what people have to say. I know it will darken with age but its also very stiff and I'd like to soften it up. I bought it in March when I went to Japan and I still haven't warn it because I want to treat it first.

i got a samurai belt and a sugarcane belt. both are really nice. On both the stench of leather is very strong at first. I should take some close up picks for you guys comparing a sugar cane belt with a samurai belt and a tanner leather belt. my tanner leather belt is looking a slight bit darker.

So here's my e-leatherworks belt I made. I added the snaps option (they only had 100pack's of chicago screws) and the belt keeper option. I used my old belt to mark the distance between the holes and used the 5/32" punch to make the holes, then I cut it down to size with a fresh x-acto using my old belt to get a good shape for the end. I'm planning on making a solid sterling silver belt buckle like the one on the Samurai Python belt with the hammered texture on the outside (I took metalworking class this past semester) and i might make a Sterling silver belt keeper too. The light piece of leather laying beside/ontop of the belt is what the leather looked like before suntanning and oiling it.

Looks great. You totally just sold me. I'm gonna make my own add whatever details I want just like you're talking about. Did you not get the .40 buckle option? i'd probably end up doing something different with the buckle too, but would just use the base one in the mean time. Thanks for the pics. What was your process when you oiled it and put it in the sun?

Does the natural coloured sugarcane garrisson really need to be suntanned ? Or will it darken with time on its own ? I don't have access to obenaufs in Australia, and wouldnt want to tan the belt and have it dry out, if i don't treat it with anything.

Does the natural coloured sugarcane garrisson really need to be suntanned ? Or will it darken with time on its own ? I don't have access to obenaufs in Australia, and wouldnt want to tan the belt and have it dry out, if i don't treat it with anything.

I bought Obenaufs directly from their website. But really, you can use mink oil as well. The belt will tan naturally with time, so you can for example take it to the beach with you and stuff if you like. Don't need to tan it at once. :)