No More Silas U.K.

Gem_art

Very, very sad...

I'll really miss Silas for a few reasons and I see no other U.K. company in a position to have anything like the same global impact as they've had over the last ten years.

I know their prices were a bit steep but I gather this is one of the reasons that they decided to call it a day. The only way to bring the prices down would have been to have switched their production from their largely European base to South East Asia which in turn would have given them less control over quality.

I also really appreciated the platform they offered to numerous illustrators including Fergus, Ben Sansbury, James Jarvis and others. Their catalogues were always different to every other brand and tended to focus on some kind of obscure narative as opposed to the clothes.

Things have just got a lot duller, though I'm sure there'll be more brandXgraffiti artist collaborations another Silas is unlikely.

There've been rumours for the last few months but slamxhype have posted something today. The Japanese production will continue but there'll be no more U.K. designed product beyond the FW season.

I don't think it was a question of financial success that forced the decision to stop production.