Superfuture Movie Club

jackg

anyone had a chance to watch it yet? 

I watched it a couple of weeks ago, so it isn't exactly fresh in my mind but I recall being a little underwhelmed. I will try and re-watch it this week so I can actually substantiate that point. Good amount of debate and discussion on "The Act of Killing" lets try and keep that level of engagement!  

• 2 weeks later...

ok War Witch is officially DOA.

Lets get the ball rolling again with the one and only "REPO MAN"!

I am unploading an HD criterion collection version so if your dropbox doesn't have enough memory to handle it (i think it happily sits at over 100% if someone else has uploaded?) let me know and i'll shoot you guys the link. 

Edited by jackg

• 2 weeks later...

my girl tried to make me watch this older south korean movie called "dream" or "sad dream (Hangul: 비몽; RR: Bimong; MR: Pimong)." dunno korean. starring odagiri jo. cause all jbzs and most asian females love him.

it was pretty weird cause it takes place in south korea, and yet he speaks in his native jap while everyone else understands and talks to him in korean (and yeah he understands). anyway apparently that was the point (but i figure they just wanted to boost sales in japan), but i gave up on it  too early on to form an opinion.

while looking for the trailer i found the entire film on youtube subbed. so if anybody wants to watch it and let me know if i should give it another shot here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s3XrCmKcG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onfGkgtInLk

Edited by SSchadenfreude

Thanks for the suggestion sschadenfreude, we could potentially select that for a coming week if there is any interest!

In the meantime Oslo is up! Have a watch guys, I really loved this film the first time I saw it. Great blend of existentialism, intellecutalism and drugs but not in a really contrived manner as is more often the case with those areas! Also has a great soundtrack from memory. I thoroughly enjoyed "Reprise" as well, which is Trier's first feature. 

Edited by jackg

but isn't the events within the second half what make the film? its the downward spiral, coupled with his unstable mental state (as seen from the very beginning), which, to me, makes the film so powerful.. we see him relapse, but its the moments, the days, the weeks after, which we don't  .. to use the overused cliche .. marks the beginning of his end. 

also, has anyone seen malle's, "le feu follet"? i heard oslo 31 is based on it. i might have to check it out

Edited by joeyod007

I know it's the second part, I just said i did not like it, it was just too much emotions for me, otherwise that's what make the film and the way he kills himself at the end makes it worse ;!

I'll check "Le Feu Follet" !

Edited by Mr.Sander

nice one mate with the spolier! you do realise not everyone has seen the film?

why not watch the film, then browse the thread? you've got to expect some discussion. its also been up for two weeks, so its not like there hasn't been plenty of time to watch it.