best waywt pics

I disagree with all those that think dd's pic is a great shot.

if he is a christian he took a camera with him to church, set it up, took the the time out to pray and oh, wait a min. take a waywt pic? and if he isn't a christian he went into a church, got down on the pew, set-up a camera for a pre-meditated waywt pic. either way, just way too contrived.

if he is a christian he took a camera with him to church, set it up, took the the time out to pray and oh, wait a min. take a waywt pic? and if he isn't a christian he went into a church, got down on the pew, set-up a camera for a pre-meditated waywt pic. either way, just way too contrived.

WWJW ?

yah this is how i feel as well

...and if he isn't a christian he went into a church, got down on the pew, set-up a camera for a pre-meditated waywt pic. either way, just way too contrived.

how does one take one's own picture without having thought of it beforehand?

when we evaluate a picture we should use our eyes as much as possible and our brains as little as possible

d_d made a nice pic

all WAYWT pics are contrived to some extent. the better shots take more planning, obviously.

if you want uncontrived, get thee to the sartorialist

right. so if i were to evaluate it with my 'eyes' using as little of my brain as possible i completely think there is nothing special about the shot. he stepped into a church, knelt down (and yes i saw the other shot of dd standing), set self-timer with an upward composition. available light i assume, as wide-open as his lens allows. still not a great shot.

self-portraits are contrived i agree, but what is the thought behind this shot in particular? if dd is religious did he think 'i know i should combine the 2 things i love most- fashion and prayer!' or if he isn't religious was he simply trying to being controversial? for great waywt shots i think selective beefs really stand out. he has great compositions and started the night shot trend. i also think bizzy's are great. 2 different ways to showcase waywt. 1 that is very much image based, composition environment, lighting (lack of in some cases) and the other fantastic poses, composition and showcase of clothes (hence the original point of waywt no?)

btw, i am not morally offended by this shot. i would feel the same if it were in a buddhist temple, synagogue or mosque. i think it is juvenile to take this type of picture in this kind of place.

the irony in the taking things 'too seriously' statement is quite amusing in that my whole point is just that- taking this thread 'too seriously' by posing in a church, on a pew, in full-on prayer pose to showcase your ensemble...interesting indeed.

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."- Martin Luther King

D_D taking pictures in a church is no different than someone taking pictures at a funeral. You guys are just creating a situation over something that doesnt really matter.. Lets get back to posting best waywt pics and enough bickering over d_d's photo.

My 2 cents

l15a570f9788a51421f29d2li8.jpg

I like this composition..nice balance.

Guest doubletap
Taking pictures in church is not a sacrilege.

Its not taking pictures in a church that is ill, its that you look to be in deep when in fact you are taking WAYWT pictures. If you weren't Christian than it would be a lot worse... I guess.

Kinda like If I went into a Mosque and got down on my knees and bowed so I can get a better picture of my kicks for WAYWT.

Its not taking pictures in a church that is ill, its that you look to be in deep when in fact you are taking WAYWT pictures. If you weren't Christian than it would be a lot worse... I guess.

Kinda like If I went into a Mosque and got down on my knees and bowed so I can get a better picture of my kicks for WAYWT.

this is about as bad as the Christian who falls asleep during service or whose throughts happen to wander off, which in my opinion, is not really something to worry about. happens all the time and it's not a bad thing.

but yeah... where can i cop paris hilton?? at the convenience store?

you guess? dont bother arguing if you dont even know what your stance is

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."- Martin Luther King

D_D taking pictures in a church is no different than someone taking pictures at a funeral. You guys are just creating a situation over something that doesnt really matter.. Lets get back to posting best waywt pics and enough bickering over d_d's photo.

wait, who takes pictures at a funeral? do you see people take a picture at a funeral, then put it up on the internet so people can see what they were wearing? and if that indeed did happen, it would also be in poor taste.

D_D taking pictures in a church is no different than someone taking pictures at a funeral.

I think I have an idea for my first sufu wdywt....

You know what, I'm gonna take my fit poses in the most controversial places that I shouldn't be taking wdywt pics....

my sufu contribution

dcfc0024wd4.jpg

classic western shirt, jeans that look like something a rockstar would pay a grand for, nice brown leather shoes.. understated, tasteful, not the least bit contrived. a+

onemore.jpg

vintage levis shirt

random singlet

apc ns

yohji sneakers

rock n roll, "dont fuck with me" girl, with aplomb

all interesting thoughts on d_d's pic. in the end it made me think about what waywt whether best, mediocre, worst is all about. no matter what it can't be argued that it is indeed a social statement, and since ppl showcase themselves on the internet for others to see/comment on i doubt that no effort was put into them. put them all together and it would make a great book. btw, who has the copyrights?

my initial reaction and comments on d_d's church pics were based on why so many ppl thought it was such a great pic. i'm glad d_d spoke up.