worst (sufu) waywt fits

Well, this is worst WAYWT, where we're supposed to post the car wrecks. There's never anything 'worst' about plain tee/denim/chucks after all.

i dont remember saying the boring stuff should take the hypebeasts' place in this thread. and yes, the car wrecks should be in here, but like i tried to say earlier, the outfit that started all of this looked more like a fender bender and didnt deserve to be called "worst", domdomdomdomdomdomdodm's first look on here, now that deserved the title "worst"

Guess what? I'm white, and neither I nor my family has no connection to slavery, nor to any other more contemporary racist acts throughout history, at least that I can trace. So, why should I have to read hateful shit about how my face (or, more immedietely, ME) is "fake" or "evil?"

what onemancult said... and nothing I typed even came out of a place of hate, bitterness, or dislike. It wasn't even personal. I wouldn't've spent so much time typing that shit up if I didn't care or respect you or others on this board. (yeah, cheesy...) I'm far from a separatist so pls don't assume just because I call out Racism for what it is and how it automatically and blindly privleges a few in the society--I'm somehow anti-white or prejudiced against whites, men, or the rich. All I was saying was that ppl need to be conscious of their privilege rather than feeling guilty or closed off to any discussion about it--and I'm not speaking down to anyone because I'm down here with y'all trying to figure out my own shit (even as a young female of color) and how I can be respectful of others and listen to what people have to say, rather than dominating discussions with my perspective or getting defensive.

it is called white privilege, and i love you very, very much, and i think you should read about it. Here's a little breakdown from the surprisingly well-maintained Wiki page:

"Whites can turn on the television or read the newspaper and expect to see members of their own race widely and positively depicted

Whites can expect their children to read books and materials in school that affirm and discuss the history of their race;

Whites easily locate books, greeting cards, toys, and magazines prominently featuring members of their race;

Whites are most often evaluated by members of their own race

Whites can expect higher incomes with the same level of education.

Whites do not appear threatening to those of the dominant culture.

Whites can swear, dress in second-hand clothes, or not answer letters, without having others attribute these behaviors to the bad morals, the poverty, or the illiteracy of their race;

Whites can speak their opinions without being asked to speak for their race;

Whites can do well without being called credits to their race;

Whites do not have to wonder whether they are being singled out because of their race when being approached by the police;

Whites can take jobs without accusations that they were hired as part of racial quotas"

Racism in america today isn't about slavery or who's granddaddy owned who, it is about the aftereffects of a long, difficult battle to level the playing field, and the institutionalized degradation of ethnic cultures at the hands of establishing white american culture as a social norm.

No one is saying it is your fault, and all the jokes about whitey being evil are just that- jokes. What this does mean, however, is that we have a long way to go before a lot of those things in that list become untrue, and taking an aggressive stance on any side- white or non-white, is mutually exclusive to change.

So, was all the extraneous 'crackers is evil' stuff pointless? Yeah. But you know how we joke on here. But, taking offense at that guy wearing that shirt, in my opinion, is a genuine response and a necessary response from a person of color.

good stuff.

Here's how I see it though. Minorities desire equality in oppurtunities [economic/social/whatever]. So we need to act like it. Nothing is more annoying than a minority person bitching about how "the system" is set up against them and then throwing out racist remarks.

I do understand that historically white people have been dominant in the west. However, now that the situation is much much better and minority conditions are improving, it is EVERYONE's role to correct mistakes, not just the party at fault. If you're going to preach against racism against yourself, you're only going to be credible of you're not doing the same thing, right?

This makes me seem like a big race guy. When I'm really not.

Whites can expect higher incomes with the same level of education.

Now I agree this is completely unfair. However, most of the other things you listed are simply a symptom of whites being the majority (at least here in the U.S.). Of course I'm going to turn on the tv and see more whites being represented than minorities, because there are more to begin with. It's the same with many of the other things you listed. If the dominant culture is white then of course that is going to be the one most represented. But I don't see how this is a "white privilege." Say for example, I move to Japan, where I'd be a small minority. I doubt I'd retain many of my so called "white privileges" there. I really don't see how this is an issue of race privileges. It's more of an issue of which culture is the majority/dominant culture in a specific region. Not that I'm saying it's right that these differences exist between the majority and minorities, but I don't think it's just an issue of whites vs minorities. I think you'll see a similar issue in any dominant culture vs minorities. It's a problem of human nature and the tendency to aggregate with those who are similar to us.

We need to just seperate the people who complain about "white guilt" and "reverse racism" from normal society, so they can go congregate and cry with each other.

(sterilize them first, though)

They won't be hard to find, they're all posting on the CE section on styleforum.

good stuff.

Here's how I see it though. Minorities desire equality in oppurtunities [economic/social/whatever]. So we need to act like it. Nothing is more annoying than a minority person bitching about how "the system" is set up against them and then throwing out racist remarks.

I do understand that historically white people have been dominant in the west. However, now that the situation is much much better and minority conditions are improving, it is EVERYONE's role to correct mistakes, not just the party at fault. If you're going to preach against racism against yourself, you're only going to be credible of you're not doing the same thing, right?

This makes me seem like a big race guy. When I'm really not.

you've been duped about the first half of the post (what does Japan have to do with race/ethnic relations in the United States and Canada? nothing), but yer on point in the second half--everyone needs to see how all of our issues are connected. and the situation for everyone, not just 'minorities' (and whites will be one of many 'minorities' in the US by 2050, but 2012 comes first, haha) has improved, but the small steps foward are slowly but surely being repealed by folks who think -isms are no longer a problem and rich white men are suddenly the victims in the US. :rolleyes:

the problem of white racism is one that only white people can solve. not being defensive or whiney about "reverse racism" is a start for truly dealing with the problem and moving forward.

...blah.

i think this whole race thing is out of control, and would be solved if we all followed Brad Piffery's noble lead, and beat our wives.

every time Brad hits his wife, a good outfit appears in WAYWT.

35bgytx.jpg

i love smoking as much as the next guy, but wearing weed leaves has to be one of the tackiest things a person can do. its not even green, the boots and the jeans dont work well together either.

Guest StuckOnStupid
dsc06554qi6.jpg

Fake Wayfarers

Vintage shirt

H&M

H&M

Omega

Julian Red California

Plimsolls

yeah so you are the kid from gummo, that's cool. hey what was the deal with that candy bar in the bathtub scene, doggy?

*i just wanted to make fun of his face and it got deleted from waywt.

Lounging at home...

CIMG2623_600.jpg

CIMG2624_600.jpg

Topman // Zara // Next // Muji // Cheap shoes // Hairy Asian legs (?!)

yah, i know he's lounging at home, but this looks really terrible, why post it? i don't need to see stubby hairy legs, socks and cheap shoes, ill fitting top and shorts. makes me a little physically ill, this.

yeah so you are the kid from gummo, that's cool. hey what was the deal with that candy bar in the bathtub scene, doggy?

*i just wanted to make fun of his face and it got deleted from waywt.

Haha didn't know what "gummo" was, so I googled it and I guess we kinda look the same ;)

Try to shake your head horizontally and let someone take a picture of it and maybe you'll also look like that kid from gummo, who knows?