worst (sufu) waywt fits

everybody has too much rep. someone who posts three slightly appealing fits (that would've likely been ignored in the olden days) will now garner the same amount of rep that it would've taken someone months and months of solid contributions to accrue. being catapulted into the repumatrix after posting a j.crew catalogue fit because "I too enjoy this chambray" just enables the posting of more and more banal shit.

where the fits @

Who cares about rep?

Most any poster who gets overly concerned with the opinions of others on their ePersona. We see it often, as soon as someone is getting roasted or generally schooled on the shittiness of their fits and/or personalty they get extra defensive and try to point a single or multiple neg reps in hopes of turning the proverbial gang neg raping to an attack and/or exposure of a (rep)power blinded user

or something like that

try to point a single or multiple neg reps in hopes of turning the proverbial gang neg raping to an attack and/or exposure of a (rep)power blinded user

You lost me there.

Rep in my eyes is just how popular you are, and popularity to me has never been that important. It's more important to me to get respect from those whose value I respect - and they are certainly not the majority.

Yeah not sure what dunk is saying but I know I only get pos rep and I don't think I really have e credibility or whatever. I just feel people r skare of the retaliatory neg rep. So I pretty much only neg people to counterbalance the pussies

I definitely miss the days when people were roasted for posting some lazy shit. No way a guy like that xrevengex dudes fits would have been tolerated around here 4-5 years ago. A lot of those anonymous denim WDYWT posters make me long for the days of Constant Struggle, at least he was making some effort even if he wasn't making good choices. These dudes just buy whatever they see everyone else buying and think that makes it all good. It's become just like the sneaker board WDTWT threads, except instead of SB's and Jordans getting you rep it's Gitman and Woolrich.

i dont know if waywt is as bad as you guys make it out to be tho. funky mellow scott polio kix edn0b yoallan zissou and a bunch of whoever else i could go on and on are still posting fire regularly. just not as many reds as there used to be? i mean imo waywt isnt much worse than it was years ago. there used to be endless numbers of SUPREME DIOR VANZ fits back in the day and now the equivalent is this workwear shit

imo waywt isnt much worse than it was years ago.

If you subtract the cream from yesteryear and compare the remainder to today, then yea. Granted, there are a few like edn0b, polio, funky, winq etc. that I personally enjoy seeing; but many of the exceptional waywt'ers have moved on (or post very rarely) and haven't been suitably replaced.

Shit happens. Four years is an eternity wrt online communities, and there's bound to be the inevitable ebb and flow of talent. Some of you (veterans) seem to think that picking out the weakest of the pack and crucifying them is a means to reviving this board's relevance/glory/standards/what-have-you. I would suggest that your attentions/efforts are somewhat misplaced.

A house built on shaky ground something something apocalypse you know the drill.

its funny how everyone is talking about the past and how it was back then. yes it was great with the whole concept of getting your ass kicked when you posted a sub-par, barely fascinating fit. but lets just face it, i really doubt the whole ass-kicking thing is going to bring the old superfuture back. its almost like lookbook when everyone was fascinated with the whole concept of it an initially there was some good stuff but as it got more popular, there was just an inevitable degeneration which will come, as with any other form of ingenuity. come on,

lets face it. most shit you thought was cool a few years back is hardly anything now. people are always looking for new ideas, new loooks, experimentation and for superfuture, that time is past. but at least im still glad that there is something to look at on this forum (supermarket, superthrash, most awesome gifs, whatever). the fact that some of you lambast-ers still post something, means you still give a shit and find value on this thread/forum.

people are always looking for new ideas, new loooks, experimentation and for superfuture, that time is past.

I agree that there has always been a sheep mentality when it comes to waywt. Americana is the new aa-vans-dior etc. But there's always been people who stood out and were constantly pushing things forward. I think most of those either grew tired with jawnz or found their ultimate style due to some of the constructive discussions we had back then, and thus stopped posting waywts- ie Lowrey, Rira, Winq, Diamonds etc. I think the discussion 78 started was a little reminder of those days.

But I don't think the new ideas/looks and experimentation of superfuture is gone. I still think some of us want to evolve and try new out new shit and keep pushing the boundaries without going all zeitgeist cosplay. We just need to bring the discussions back, and hopefully the good old posters will join the discussion as seen here, if not posting waywts.

And I just have to add that I think it's always interesting to see a waywt from the old members who found their style. Because they will always have some personal spin on things. A certain peculiar combination or play with proportions. That's when you know they've evolved past the rest.

If you subtract the cream from yesteryear and compare the remainder to today, then yea. Granted, there are a few like edn0b, polio, funky, winq etc. that I personally enjoy seeing; but many of the exceptional waywt'ers have moved on (or post very rarely) and haven't been suitably replaced.

im curious to hear who specifically people would want to come back, just for fun. just off the top of my head i'd like to see (obvious choice) still, whizkit, rirawin, doc worm, seenmy, lowry, profmonnitoff, mass, lab... fuck maybe you guys are right. whatever waywt is still worth reading imo

i have to say out of all the waywt posters who don't post here anymore, seenmy is the best. dude had literally the worst camera on the entire forum and his fits still looked top notch. i guess thats in line with what mrip was saying about styling being the key, since he's a professional.

i also find it interesting that he was draped in head to toe vis/cdh+/junya, but is now on SZ in rick,ccp,damir....

i also feel like a fucking loser for knowing what a complete strangers wardrobe consists of, but fuck it, dude has massive style.

i have to say out of all the waywt posters who don't post here anymore, seenmy is the best. dude had literally the worst camera on the entire forum and his fits still looked top notch. i guess thats in line with what mrip was saying about styling being the key, since he's a professional.

i also find it interesting that he was draped in head to toe vis/cdh+/junya, but is now on SZ in rick,ccp,damir....

i also feel like a fucking loser for knowing what a complete strangers wardrobe consists of, but fuck it, dude has massive style.

Seenmy has swag for days and days. Not really diggin his foray into goth, but his shit from like 2 years ago is till light years beyond the best of sufu.

I speak as a relative outsider (I've been lurking since 2007, maybe early 2008, but don't post too much) about the waywt situation. I think that as a result of the mass brand consciousness, there is too much of an emphasis on the individual piece. The good posters who have been mentioned, be it seenmy, mellow fellow, funkyfresh, scott m, ednoob, chant, american_hearts, or whoever else, puts together a good look, and in some cases, looks to put up a good photo. From what I've seen, the quality hasn't really gone down.There's more bad, or boring, or uninteresting, but there's probably more good as well. It's just bigger and more, and different. Everybody is accepted in general, which means that more bad waywt posters will start posting. I don't know if you can compare the sufu of today to the sufu of then. I don't think there will ever be a time when sufu's waywt will be full of posters with their own individual in dress. It isn't the nature of the board.

I agree with much of what you posted in your critique, and even am on board with this statement inasmuch as I wear Veilance with Shadow and ACR, but I don't think it has to be done this way exclusively. By way of example, here is a shot styled by our own Seenmy in which he mixed aesthetics in a similar manner to what Riff is going for and I think it still works.

Veilance-by-Neil-Bedford-1-480x640.jpg

Probably the more interesting discussion in the last few months on here,and a rarity now days here for more than one person talking in a thread who actually has a opinion they can back up, but with the ability to understand that other opinions/ideas exist.

The fit that started it all, I gotta agree it should be in here,all the little bits are wrong, to the dressing by numbers crew it ticks all the box's to be dope to those of us with eyes little bits just don't work, simply its the hat that breaks the outfit, the colour the branding just de values the rest of the out fit and makes it all trivial,if that hat was'nt there the rest of the outfit would bed down nicely and work together.

I think jackets like the Veilance field can work with both (tech and casual) its the interesting thing about the line, it dosent scream and shout like acr and shadow and it has the ability to bed down in to any look (when taste is applied)

On the down fall of the forum..... its pretty much all been said, the knowledge has been diluted and its over populated with idiots who dont read or look further than a page,years ago these people would have been off teh board in a week tops now days theres to many of them,everywhere you look theres a new clique of them taking over a thread with mindless dribble and at best 3rd party opinion..