worst (sufu) waywt fits

tangential: it's amazing how Supreme has managed to STILL be one of the ultimate e-cred brands despite all the changes in Sufu's WDYWT thread... 3 preme buttons n' counting on one page...

interesting...care to elaborate 78?

if you guys didnt get why 78 put riff in here you guys dont get styling and fasion.

while i agree its not the most offensive fit, 78s post would probably fit better in 'waywt shit talking thread'

all the posters on superfuture are blind to what good styling looks like because everyone post the same fuckin raw denim jcrew americana bullshit

im not saying 78s fits are fire, and im into a completely difference aesthetic right now, but 78 has been around long enough to know what is wack

and like 99% of sufu is fuckin wack as shit right now

i just dont care enough to tear up every medicore bum ass fit you losers post

I think that people are often introduced to Supertalk via the denim forum - I know I was. After absorbing much of what was on offer there, people would venture out into other areas of the site - the old "I came for the denim and stayed for the Trash" thing. People would begin with posting their denim fits in the WAYWT but their looks would be refined and evolve over time because they were being developed alongside others coming from different perspectives.

I think that the introduction of the Denim WAYWT thread, along with ones such as "What Are You Jeans Doing Today", have resulted in a stronger community amongst the denim enthusiasts, but a community that tends to not be as critical of its own. People's fits are not subject to the kind of scrutiny they would by those with other perspectives and so they grow in confidence and eventually post in the main WAYWTs at which point they are either ignored and believe what they are being told within their own community, or they are surprised when taken to task for their fits.

One possible solution would be the merging of all WAYWT threads into one super thread in which everyone posts and is able to comment. Of course all three WAYWTs are in the top ten most viewed threads so I don't see that happening but I would be interested in people's thoughts on the matter.

I think it's funny how Superfutures subforums, became sub communities, becoming cliques.

None of which I'm apart of, but it's a funny direction that Superfuture has gone.

From one WAYWT thread, to 4.5 or whatever many there are. It used to be an eclectic thread to post in. It still somewhat is, but there's not much discussion going on in it, making it seem moo. Now it's segregated from those who still love their denim, to those who think they're doing progressive Americana.

I don't know, I'm just a viewer.

It's like an AOL Chatroom.

I actually came in through the supermarket. I was looking for a particular dior piece and I had to register to ask around and look through threads.

Then I discovered the supertrash, and some of the WAYWT threads, and seeing people's fits was really cool. It's like, I never even considered buying a Julius anything until I saw someone rocking it properly(like eternal for example). that got me into paying attention to WAYWT to see stuff that I could maybe pull off too, really.

I think a lot of the problem now too is that the people posting fits generally know what they are doing. Or if they don't, they either survive their baptism by internet fire or they overreact and never post fits again. So we end up with the same guys posting things in the general vein of how everyone posts, and very rarely do we get anything out of the ordinary. Not to mention, most of the time I think most of us are dressed in shit that isn't really WAYWT-worthy - like jeans and a t-shirt. I know I only post fits when I'm at least vaguely ridiculous. This does not apply to people that work in the fashion industry though. Or Funkyfrenchy.

That's my two cents.

I think that people are often introduced to Supertalk via the denim forum - I know I was. After absorbing much of what was on offer there, people would venture out into other areas of the site - the old "I came for the denim and stayed for the Trash" thing. People would begin with posting their denim fits in the WAYWT but their looks would be refined and evolve over time because they were being developed alongside others coming from different perspectives.

I think that the introduction of the Denim WAYWT thread, along with ones such as "What Are You Jeans Doing Today", have resulted in a stronger community amongst the denim enthusiasts, but a community that tends to not be as critical of its own. People's fits are not subject to the kind of scrutiny they would by those with other perspectives and so they grow in confidence and eventually post in the main WAYWTs at which point they are either ignored and believe what they are being told within their own community, or they are surprised when taken to task for their fits.

One possible solution would be the merging of all WAYWT threads into one super thread in which everyone posts and is able to comment. Of course all three WAYWTs are in the top ten most viewed threads so I don't see that happening but I would be interested in people's thoughts on the matter.

I think it's good to have several WAYWT threads for different tastes.. I definitely am not interested in the denim thread so I'm glad I don't have to filter through those posts when I check the trash. I just think people should pick one thread and stick with it.

I find it funny when you see the same fit posted in each thread, at the exact same time. I always picture the scene, a user with 3 tabs opened on his browser, copy-pasting and posting the fits simultaneously, to then start nervously refreshing supercontrol hoping to see the reps accumulate.

what would that be? like mixing some modern tech jacket with a flannel and jeans and boots? and maybe a supreme hat for good measure?

um yes..:o

I think the point is that I had to post in the non-denim waywt, to get the feedback. Many folks in denim won't go near regular/chat waywt, yet the critque is a valuable learning tool...

Theres no originality in waywt anymore... Everyone's tryna be Paul Bunyan... But before that everyone wanted to be vampires or frutz baskets (swag swag swag)

I miss the sufu when people were still streetwear but did it with style and originality, everyone did their own thing, but had little influences by sufu within their style (skinny raw denim/ ++supreme, apc, vans, before fam0us made it cool). Loved the hood brands but werent afraid to walk into dior to cop some skinnies...

basically fuck internet fashion... u cant fight it!

i didnt know shit about fashion before i came to sufu. i would look at other posters fits and use their fits as inspiration. now all the dope posters have left because of various things, issues with moderation, the upgrade to 4.0, etc etc. all thats left now are people like me in 2006 dressing like an idiot and thinking they are hot shit because no one cares enough about this dying message board. sure there are tons of page views and replies but no REAL shit is happening on sufu. i think my 4loko thread was the best thread to come out of 2010. the only reason i still come on here is because i have friends that still post. no one is scared to post a lame fit because they will get flamed to hell. sufu lost its edge and is now a casual shit hole. would sufu of 2005 allowed a kpop thread? remember when 07 users were shit?

the reason that sufu is so lame is because no one spends time styling or thinking about their fits

the reason cotton duck, still, etc are dope is because they are wearing their clothes for fashions sake and spent time thinking about what works etc etc

all these raw denim losers are wearing clothes to wear clothes.

its fine if you want to wear a visvim tee, raw denim, and visvim kiefers and rock white tee, denim and cons - just dont expect me to like your fit as fashion. i can understand having high quality basics and when someone dresses boring for the amount of money spent its disappointing as sufu browser because i think 'if i had the amount of money this guy spent i could buy this and have a dope ass fit' its cool if you guys want to have raw denim waywt, just dont post it in mainline waywt where people take fashion seriously and wear clothes as fashion and not as body covers. i wear raw denim, sneaks and a tee to work everyday i know my fit is lame as fashion. i would never post it up as respect for users that want to see fashion. my work fit is boring and basic.

also some of you guys straight up dont know how to dress and buy clothes that fit. learn some fuckin proportions dog

ordo, can you please make a waywt serious fashion i spent more than 5 minutes thinking about my fit edition

or waywt i dont know how to dress please teach me because all i know what to wear is a tee shirt and denim

also i dont know why you guys think cheaps fits are dope

they are the most basic of fits

cheap has said he doesnt give a fuck about fashion and i respect that

but come on

how is a white tee, denim and cons an interesting fit.

^^ I agree with some of your points mrip, but when was sufu really a "I spend a bunch of time on my outfit today and I'm gonna be fabolous!!" kind of fashion board? maybe gq forums are a little more like that? idk

Sufu used to be a bunch of hip young dudes posting bout streetwear, obscure overseas brands, and very few high label brands. There were a couple dudes that were well dressed and understood fashion for fashion, i.e. seenmy, mike lowery etc... but most of the people posting waywt were dudes with good taste and 'this is my style, deal with it' attitudes...

I think the beef is that the new guys started jockin on the old stylish members and everything just became a mixture of styles, eventually leading to clones in waywt... the originality disappeared, the motivation to post good fits disappeared, and, more than likely, the actual 'good members' actually went on to work in the fashion world and not have time for petty fashion boards (mouko, seenmy [again], etc.)

maybe i chose to forget the other fits and the really dope stylized fits stuck out when i think about ye olde sufu

i dont even see sufu as a fashion board any more

i just check the kag thread, and supermarket and go to japanese street style sites when i want something that can make me say

SICK FIT BRO

also i dont know why you guys think cheaps fits are dope

they are the most basic of fits

cheap has said he doesnt give a fuck about fashion and i respect that

but come on

how is a white tee, denim and cons an interesting fit.

i make it interesting. with cigs and beer and shit. and swag. and my rugged handsomeness. and understanding what fits me.

i make it interesting. with cigs and beer and shit. and swag. and my rugged handsomeness. and understanding what fits me.

this is so important

these kids dont get how to dress

im surprised i posted so much

you guys can go back to talking about boat shoes n shit

rofl. you have beef with me? or the lmaodong fellow or whatever? anyway neither of us gives a shit about you

You cared enough to go through my post history and comment twice on my fit, deal with it. You like to shit on people instead of shitting on people AND giving pointers but that's okay, you're probably twice my age and not very happy with your life so internet trashtalking makes you feel a tiny bit better about yourself. You care so much about this shit that I read the same rambling from you on styleforum, I'd like to have so much time for shit I dont care about bro.