Mac or PC

kakaro

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 13 inches, and judging by the resolution, that isn't too small for a good majority of work (this is coming from someone doing a lot of photoretouching and so on, YMMV). Use some photoshop kung-fu keyboard skills and you'll only need 1-2 pallettes, max.

lucky me i do have the kung-fu keayboard skills.

it's hard in sweden : <

if you want to save some money, try to buy your laptop outside of sweden cause it's stupidly expensive over there compare to other countries in europe. as you go south, it gets cheaper. i would say that the same laptop would be almost half price in portugal. if you have some friends or familly living somewhere else in europe, have them check the prices where they live, you might be able to save quite a lot.

i have tons of friends who bought their computer in Spain cause it was so much cheaper so i would really recommend doing that.

i go to ITT for internet security. a bunch of kids in my program, myself included use the inspiron e1705. duo core, 2gb ram, and the new 256mb nvidia graphics card. i hate dell but i got mine for about $1400. the 17" widescreen is nice. all the kids in the graphic design program use macbooks. schools usually will install free software. they installed about $2000.00 worth of shit on mine.

if you want to save some money, try to buy your laptop outside of sweden cause it's stupidly expensive over there compare to other countries in europe. as you go south, it gets cheaper. i would say that the same laptop would be almost half price in portugal. if you have some friends or familly living somewhere else in europe, have them check the prices where they live, you might be able to save quite a lot.

i have tons of friends who bought their computer in Spain cause it was so much cheaper so i would really recommend doing that.

thanks alot for the advice! that sounds really smart

As someone who has used PCs for years for music production, I simply think the whole "Macs are better for multimedia stuff" stance is so weak.

A well-maintained PC is always ten times better in my book than an overpriced souped-up Mac. PCs don't fucking go belly up in two years, as someone stated before- you can constantly gut your machine and update things individually to keep abreast of technological development. Macs are also for lazy schlubs.

Plus, Macs are too... I mean, there is a reason that they use Macs in classrooms with

special education children. They're user-friendly to the point of causing brain death.

As someone who has used PCs for years for music production, I simply think the whole "Macs are better for multimedia stuff" stance is so weak.

A well-maintained PC is always ten times better in my book than an overpriced souped-up Mac. PCs don't fucking go belly up in two years, as someone stated before- you can constantly gut your machine and update things individually to keep abreast of technological development. Macs are also for lazy schlubs.

Plus, Macs are too... I mean, there is a reason that they use Macs in classrooms with

special education children. They're user-friendly to the point of causing brain death.

i'm a pc user... i'm using a amd opteron 165 dual core. i got so many problems with this computer.. half my time is spent trying to get it to run regularly...

thanks alot for the advice! that sounds really smart

depends on if you want a swedish keyboard or not, I suspect that they have "åäö" on the macbooks that are being shipped to Sweden from apple, and probably not on the ones they send to portugal

Mac all the way. Was a PC person.

Two of my housemates got a MacBookPro and they love em and another housemate has an intel iMac. And now that you can install windows on a Mac when you ABSOLUTELY have to have windows for whatever reason is even more of a reason to buy an intel mac. It's on its own partition so you can let windows fuck itself over and it shouldn't screw up your Mac OS. I personally think the Mac OS is stable... it has that UNIX base... and UNIX has been around since what? The 60's i think? Pretty robust if you ask me. For me it's always nice to be able to ssh into a linux box on campus from my apartment and do whatever I need to do.

I agree that the iMac is probably the best value though.

But indeed they are expensive.

Good luck.

I am such a Pc person, but would use a mac too, dont really care either way. all i use a computer for is to download on to the mp3, browse the internet, and type papers for school, although all of my school stuff requires microsoft office so maybe a pc is better now.

Why does the whole graphic design world use mac, then?

It cant just be because they're lazy...

What a fuckin' ass. Hey homeboy, he asked a simple question and here you come with the hate.. this aint a mac/pc forum... go post that crap there!! One other thing: I work in the fashion industry and I would love to know what company uses pcees for design/graphics....NO ONE. the only time i see pcees is when i collect my check and peep the data entry peeps... all pcees..dumbass! take your gaming ass-trying to look cool somewhere else!! LOL!! -geek!