some really cheap and some not so cheap thai designer shirts.

chris

shirts.jpg

all of the above are $25 each plus $5 for shipping. the tank tops, polka dot tee, and harbor shirt are all one size fits all. they're all pretty slim fitting, and are comparable to an american apparel small (although the polka dot tee is slightly larger). the harbor shirt, for instance, measures 18 inches from pit to pit and 26 inches from top to bottom.

the shape t-shirts, however, come in a range of sizes (small, medium, large), shapes (triangle, rectangle, circle), and colors (of the shapes, that is -- blue, green, pink, purple, yellow, orange). the ones i purchased are a medium, and measure 19.5 inches from pit to pit and 27 inches from the top to bottom. i think they look better loose, since the neck is uneven and wide.

7-20-06.jpg

these two button downs come in (if i remember correctly) navy, black, and grey (print on white cotton). they only come in one size as well, but are pretty small. for instance, the one on the left measures 18 inches from pit to pit and 28 inches from top to bottom. these are $30 plus $5 for shipping.

bw.jpg

and this is my favorite shirt. it was apparently drawn by some cartoonist for an apparently up and coming designer label called greyhound. the t-shirt is a gorgeous purple-grey with a low v-neck. the cartoon characters were stitched in with black thread, on top of white paper. you're supposed to rip the paper off on your own, which, i havent done yet, but i hope it ends up looking as brilliant as the one in the store. anyways, im not sure if any of you would be interested in this shirt, or any of the others ill definitley be picking up soon from their store, but here:

playhound.jpg

these shirts are $60 and come in small, medium, and large. i got a small, and it fits excellent.

LET ME KNOW IF YOU BITCHES WANY ANY OF THESE. im going back to the store sunday morning (which, here, means saturday night in the states), so try and let me know by then. and, obviously, pay me as well.

THANKS.

yeah greyhound and playhound have been coming up on the international scene slowly- they've been featured in a few magazines here and there. they've been around for at least 10 years as i've seen the stores way back when. bkk is good if you're skinny- they do a one size fits all because 99% of thai men are built exactly the same way- so there really is no need for multiple sizes. unfortunately i'm not built like the avg. thai guy so i've gotta dig whenever i go there.

chris have you checked out JJ yet?

i didnt know you were thai!

yea, ive been to JJ. ive picked up random vintage bags, shoes, and a whole lot of shirts. and some pretty amazing tank tops as well.

:D

yep. well chinese-thai. anyhow- anyone that does end up buying shirts, i recommend you do NOT put them in the drier- hang dry. 99% of the population don't have driers in thailand (most of asia actually) so their shirts aren't preshrunk or aren't made to withstand driers.

yep. well chinese-thai. anyhow- anyone that does end up buying shirts, i recommend you do NOT put them in the drier- hang dry. 99% of the population don't have driers in thailand (most of asia actually) so their shirts aren't preshrunk or aren't made to withstand driers.

yeah, 2nd the dryer.

and in my experience with buying almost everything in asia with shirts, i would size up if you're used to american sizing as i'm usually a small in everything, but every shirt i bought in thailand is a med and could have even done a large. you can't expect a 2" stretch in shirts...

the animail print shirt is amazing

• 2 weeks later...