good hip hop

this thread only helps prove that hip hope or rape or whatevr is dead.

no offense to those still lsitening to it,

or to the people who give me infranctions for not liking ppls clothin

but seriously...

put it down

put the gun down.

Nine has a new album coming out, and one available on myspace.

The new AOTP Is OK. Reef clearly outshines everyone in the clique. I recommend you check his solo. My only complaint is the album starts to fall off halfway through. Oh and all these Puerto Ricans and what not saying nigga, but thats a completely different conversation isnt it.

EDIT: myspace.com/nineix

ktothe just took this thread to the next level. fucking nine. nine lives is my holy grail of wax. i have the 12" for whatchu want? but if iever find that lp, my head is gonna explode. i cant beleive hes got new shit coming out. whats his myspace?

I dont have it in my history, but my boy knows it - I'll have it for you tomorrow.

Your head would explode, as I snuck up behind you with a brick to burgle that LP. Funny, that...

I dont have it in my history, but my boy knows it - I'll have it for you tomorrow.

Your head would explode, as I snuck up behind you with a brick to burgle that LP. Funny, that...

i wouldnt even be mad at you. thats some shit id have to put in a pizza box on the walk home as to not get gaffled. unless niggaz jump me for my pizza.

this thread only helps prove that hip hope or rape or whatevr is dead.

no offense to those still lsitening to it,

or to the people who give me infranctions for not liking ppls clothin

but seriously...

put it down

put the gun down.

if you dont care for the music discussed here, don't read the thread. your free to listen to anything you want.

nah, westside should be in here shitting it up with negativity. it gives a reasonable balance to all the people in here promoting trash music (myself included to most, im sure). hopefully it gives everyone incentive to bring something that proves him wrong. like if someone was telling us hip hop was dead in 92 then i posted a pharcyde track and blew a niggaz mind. im racking my brain trying to think of something to throw at him but i keep coming up with soulja boy and i dont really want to be that guy.

nah, westside should be in here shitting it up with negativity. it gives a reasonable balance to all the people in here promoting trash music (myself included to most, im sure). hopefully it gives everyone incentive to bring something that proves him wrong. like if someone was telling us hip hop was dead in 92 then i posted a pharcyde track and blew a niggaz mind. im racking my brain trying to think of something to throw at him but i keep coming up with soulja boy and i dont really want to be that guy.

pharcyde had their moments....sheee keep on paaaassin me byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

o ya "lowrey" aren't you from london? MONIE, MONIE, MONIE, MONIE.

btw soulja boy, hurricane chris, kefani, d willz, anyone who makes tracks like that...they're propping it up...but i dont even know if that can be called hip hop...it's certainly much diff frm what ppl r use 2.

sadly, i would disagree that it nots not what people are used to, id even say its what alot of people have come to expect. in an ironic sense, i can appreciate it, but if anything is killing hip hop, its that type of shit.
why? it's short, extremely dancable, and repetitive

what's there not to love? i personally got pretty pissed when every1 was tryin 2 imitate nas or kool g rap r sum shit n make epic rhymes or whatever...its not alwayze best path. solja boyz rap skillz r prolyl pretty low but i dun give a fuk cuz his musicianship iz very good. nigga is a fukin genius. every1 is doing his goddamn dance shit iz lyk macarena. do u think miami bass was killin hip hop??? i think tht shit was fukin dope. ne1 who makes those rekords neds a bigupbigup. ppl r takin shit 2 srsly i think it's a good break...

i've cum 2 xpect mostly overproduced garbage lyk kanye (sum of his stuff b good but a lot is str8 GARBAGE), lupe, jayz, etc.

DIP SET is also bringin sum FIRE shit...genius.

im always on both sides of that fence. i like those records cause i knuck when i buck and all that. but it seriously lowers peoples expectations and creats bullshit fads. theres some real youtube superstars who cant perform live, or write a thoughtprovoking track or even a song that isnt a complete gimmick. dipset has their hands in that sometimes. but i agree shit is hot when you want to get loose. but it gets real one dimensional. as does intellectual rap for space cadet backpackets who think 93 is a state of mind, but i dont crew deep with dummies so i can throw rocks at them and soulja boy and still supaman hoes.

Kenna ft. Nas - Deafest 1s

http://www.zshare.net/download/38881702f2c83d/

Two of my favorite artists on one song. Not gonna' be on Kenna's album...on another note, no person's opinion will keep me from listening to a genre of music I thoroughly enjoy for whatever reason. Think my taste in music is wack because of that? I can live with that.

Lupe Fiasco - Dumb It Down Video:

q1Et1siZhTk

Lupe Interview talking about the new album:

NEW YORK — First, Lupe Fiasco — along with Pharrell, of course — helped make skateboard culture hot in the 'hood with last year's deck anthem "Kick, Push." Now, however, the Chicago rapper is hoping he can make other, not-as-hip ideas pop with his sophomore set, The Cool, tentatively due November 20 on Atlantic. In town last week, Lupe recalled to MTV News seeing esteemed Princeton University professor Cornel West speak a few years ago.

"He made a statement, he said, 'If you really want to affect change in the world, you gotta make those things that are cool, uncool.' He's saying that the cool things are what's destructive and what's got us down and depressed. And if you can make it hip to be square, you might really affect some actual social change in the world. So this is like my attempt, very blatant, over-attempt [at that], by naming the album, The Cool."

According to Lupe, the tone of The Cool will be much darker than the tracks on his debut, and for a number of reasons.

He said the album title actually stems from a like-named, Kanye West-produced track on his 2006 debut, Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor. The name also denotes a character in a narrative he created.

In the song, the Cool is "actually a half-rotten hustler who dug himself out of his own grave. So anyone who does that has to be dark." Lupe told mixtape monday that he plans to introduce several characters throughout his Cool project.

So far, the album is set to include the lead single, "Superstar," and "Intruder Alert," a song that Lupe said deals with rape and overcoming the emotional scarring from such a tragedy.

"It's a record about a girl who gets raped and shuts down," he said of the tune. "But she meets someone who opens her up, and at the end, she gives him a hug. So it's a powerful record."

But while he takes some creative license with that song, Lupe also suffered several personal losses that surface on the album. The losses occurred between his first and second albums and have weighed heavily on him, even if he hasn't had much time to deal with the pain.

"I lost my pops, I lost my auntie, I lost one of my good friends, Stack Bundles, I lost my partner, [Charles Patton], who got convicted [and is serving 44 years in prison on drug charges]," the rapper said. "So you lose those people, but you lose them on your way to a show. So you go to this weird home that's crumbling, but then right there you have 50,000 people calling your name. You get caught. I still haven't really had time to get into it. It's like jet lag [in a way]. That's what's crazy. The reaction doesn't even fit into my schedule." But the Windy City MC is proving to be resilient too. His album isn't all downers. Lupe said to still expect him to rip lyrical tracks — and he says he has a point to prove now, as well.

"I don't think people got it, honestly," he said of his debut. "I still don't think people get it. I think I'm still a little bit too complex, and I still think it goes over their head just a little bit, where it misses a great mass of people. And you got to bring it back down. I think I'm Reasonable Doubt right now; at first Jay-Z was like [he makes the hand motion for out there] and everybody was like, 'Huh?' But it was still ... some of the stuff was still relevant enough to everybody where everybody could relate to it, just because it was a good record, but the actual core was like, 'Yo, this kid is weird,' you know?

"You gonna have mad poppy beats," he added of his upcoming project. "Everyone is going to dance to them. But when you listen to the records, it's kind of ... you can enjoy it, but wondering, 'Should I really be dancing to this record?' "

The rapper is currently in Japan on a promo run, but he said he expects to film a video for "Superstar" as soon as he returns Stateside.

someone hand this kid a nigga please award. "im still a little too complex" shut the fuck up.

but fact is he does have some very complex shit in a way. whether or not thats everyone's thing is a different deal. and you can always argue that the content, meaning storyline, is not strong, but nevertheless his lyrics are very complex in terms of double meanings, definitions, similes etc.

i fukin hate loope fiasco

SHIT IS SO BAD

IT MAKES ME FUCKING SICK

holy shit. the kids that like him. THE KIDS THAT FUCKIGN BUY ANYTHING HE TOUCHES. jesus

un- please dont insult the intelligence of people who read this thread.

I've slowly but surely have been getting into hiphop lately. I've been listening to the following artist for the past month or so.

Aesop Rock

MF Doom

Wu

Nas

DangerDoom (yeah, I know that it seems Corny as hell, but it's comical)

JDilla

RZA

GZA

and a bunch of others.

I really want to hear some others that sound like those artist, got any suggestions.

Ghostface if you're liking the Wu stuff. Raekwon (namely Only Built 4 Cuban Linx)

I'm not too into this stuff but I think if you like Aesop you should try Cage and El-P.

It's always pretty easy to get into A Tribe Called Quest, try De La Soul.

And here's random names from my itunes Canibus, Cool Calm Pete, Cormega, Clipse, Camp Lo, Mobb Deep, Diplomats, Cam'ron, Big L, Reef the Lost Cauze, Supreeme, The Roots, Spank Rock, UGK, Geto Boys.

Those should all be easy to find, name any of those you like specifically and more recommendations can be made by everyone.

Ghostface if you're liking the Wu stuff. Raekwon (namely Only Built 4 Cuban Linx)

I'm not too into this stuff but I think if you like Aesop you should try Cage and El-P.

It's always pretty easy to get into A Tribe Called Quest, try De La Soul.

And here's random names from my itunes Canibus, Cool Calm Pete, Cormega, Clipse, Camp Lo, Mobb Deep, Diplomats, Cam'ron, Big L, Reef the Lost Cauze, Supreeme, The Roots, Spank Rock, UGK, Geto Boys.

Those should all be easy to find, name any of those you like specifically and more recommendations can be made by everyone.

Thanks, I'll check out most of those artists.