Sorahiko 45 Slim Raw

rirawin

Guest Fade to Black

Are the nando nandos the ones coldrice posted a while back, with the distressed denim looking very dark on the outside and the inside being dark as well? Didn't realize those were in the Sorahiko range...so are the prices the same, or even more expensive?

I'd like to see some more detailed shots of those...the last ones posted made them look like an amazing jean. I'd probably want to get the distressed though, the one-wash sounds like it would take an eternity to break in based on the description of the thread weave...

• 2 months later...
Assuming you can afford to lose a little bit of length in the leg, you COULD soak them while wearing them and let them dry on you. That way, the waist can't stretch to smaller than you are, but you'll get leg shrinking and twisting out of the way.

Anybody ever tried that and did you end up feeling all constricted. I need a 29-30 and might purchase a size 28 and soak them while wearing them. How bad an idea is it?

• 2 months later...

You what partytaco, you hit it right on the money. 45rpm has some of the best dyeing, construction, and fabrics that I've have ever. I really dig their stuff. Still, it is a bit pricey. In particular the denim in the States. There is a lot of denim out there that is comparable to 45's but for a whole lot less. PBJ price points are lower than 45rpm, and I think they have very dope product, tops and bottoms.

I'm just bringing up this point because not everyone has this kind of money to spend on some clothes. There are many other options out there if you want to buy some beautifully constructed Japanese apparel.

I think its more of a problem of state side markup than it is normal pricing. The price of sorahiko's is about the same as a pair of Samurai in Japan. The Jomons are more than the PBJ/Oni natural indigo equivalents, but not by a land slide.

partytaco, I don't think age has anything to do with nice clothing. Nice clothing is nice clothing. And I don't think that 45rpm is vastly superior than other brands that offer similar construction and dyeing techniques. You also don't have to be a clothing snob to see that well made clothes are well made. I appreciate that there are retail outlets like 45rpm that exist worldwide for me to have access to the clothes. However, I think that it's still expensive, even for a person who is older than 30. You must be on crack if you think an average 18 year old can afford PBJ.

• 1 month later...

anyone have a pair of the 45 rpm sorahiko slim in a size 29? I want to know the measurements. I know 45 rpm has measurements but i find that they are pretty off from the actual pair. For example i ordered a size 31 and it measured to be around 32. Also if you can what are the thigh and knee measurments?