$2225, and counting

mopar_jj

Definitely not hip hop. Just like a fuller cut because they are more comfortable. Also they really don't resemble hip hop. Snug in the waist and loose in the seat and thighs. They also look great with an A-2 flight jacket.

1937 201s and Real McCoy NZ Dubow A-2

backLOW2.jpg

frontLOW2.jpg

Classic in my opinion.....

chicken, i agree completely with what you said in the last page.

so, the style book is kind of like a blue book for denim? (blue book is a u.s. book that lists the market price of cars based on year, condition, etc...)

all this talk about producing an authentic product reminds me of the movie "the red violin" with samuel l jackson.

actually no, i have that book, and its more of a book dedicated to levi's. talsk about different era's 501s and what not and how to spot a vintage piece, etc etc etc.and i have a strong feeling, they bought those vintage piece from the rose bowl swap meet. i actually seen 1900's 501 there before.

and i saw that movie "the red violin" its actually a really good movie.

Guest jeffvyain

I don't see what the big deal is about an accurate reproduction. I feel like the whole idea behind all these jeans is just that they are QUALITY jeans compared to the shit everyone else is selling all over the world. I don't see why anyone would want to look like he came right out of the 20s or 40s or whatever decade. I want to come out looking like I live in the now...I just wanna do it in quality denim. I personally don't own sugarcane or LVC, but I feel like the quality factor swings in the SC direction after reading countless posts on this site. I personally wanted some crazy slubbiness and attention to detail so I went for Samurai 5000s, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm all about vintage. I buy vintage damn near everything. I buy vintage guitars because they were just done better. They have better sound, they have better woods, they often have better wiring. I would buy vintage jeans too if I felt like they were better...but I think there are companies out there that probably rival anything Levis was doing 50 years ago so I just don't see the point in buying old jeans (atleast if you're planning to wear them) for thousands of dollars when the japs are making as good or better products for a couple hundred.

Side note: it's almost 6am and I just popped out of the shower getting home from work, so give me a break if that didn't make any sense...I'm not really sure

I don't see what the big deal is about an accurate reproduction. I feel like the whole idea behind all these jeans is just that they are QUALITY jeans compared to the shit everyone else is selling all over the world. I don't see why anyone would want to look like he came right out of the 20s or 40s or whatever decade. I want to come out looking like I live in the now...I just wanna do it in quality denim. I personally don't own sugarcane or LVC, but I feel like the quality factor swings in the SC direction after reading countless posts on this site. I personally wanted some crazy slubbiness and attention to detail so I went for Samurai 5000s, and I couldn't be happier.

I'm all about vintage. I buy vintage damn near everything. I buy vintage guitars because they were just done better. They have better sound, they have better woods, they often have better wiring. I would buy vintage jeans too if I felt like they were better...but I think there are companies out there that probably rival anything Levis was doing 50 years ago so I just don't see the point in buying old jeans (atleast if you're planning to wear them) for thousands of dollars when the japs are making as good or better products for a couple hundred.

Side note: it's almost 6am and I just popped out of the shower getting home from work, so give me a break if that didn't make any sense...I'm not really sure

it does make sense...but as far as reproductions go i'm sure most of us on the boards will agree the quality is more an issue than the absolute accuracy of the jean, still, it's not hard to see why people might want a copy of the original stuff if it were also well-made.

and obscenely old vintage jeans--are people actually wearing them? i'm inclined to think they're for display...just like vintage stamps aren't actually used to mail parcels to anybody.

And thats totally cool but aren't most of those copies of patterns/style from the 1940s?

I happen to like buckle backs exposed rivets suspender buttons oil cloth or leather tags and to imply that a jean like those early 555 LVC 1920s are inferior would show to me that you haven't seen them. In my opinion they are classic and are always "in style". Sometimes the problems with following trends is you wind up with acid wash 1980s or stone wash and though very popular at the time wind up looking kinda goofy a little later on.

Thats why I buy LVCs. If I spent 5 large on a pair of jeans I would have to put them in a display case. I have a friend that has some 40s and 50s original Levis and some of the LVC stuff (not all) is very close in denim weight, quality and authenticity.

It makes perfect sense.

i wouldnt be surprised if the winner of that auctions was japanese...

i remember a pair of 1300 new balance from the 1980's were sold and they went for over 500 b/c the japanese dude who bought them was obsessed

although my philosophy sides with jeff and tweedles, i have to give props to airfrog for his love of the vintage and obsession over levi's, especially after looking at his collections.

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/showthread.php?t=13362

airfrog, i hope you'd keep posting updates regularly.

I have pre ordered a pair of raw 1933s from the fall collection which should be out Sept?

My old 1933s are about 10 oz which is to light in weight. The new LVCs are suppose to be 12.5 which would be the correct weight.

Definitely not hip hop. Just like a fuller cut because they are more comfortable. Also they really don't resemble hip hop. Snug in the waist and loose in the seat and thighs. They also look great with an A-2 flight jacket.

1937 201s and Real McCoy NZ Dubow A-2

backLOW2.jpg

frontLOW2.jpg

Classic in my opinion.....

Some looks just never go out of style. This and the "rockabilly" look never will. The fuller cut looks good on you, but I still have to go with a slimmer jean. Of course I am a skinny guy. I too like to stick to classic looks.

i wouldnt be surprised if the winner of that auctions was japanese...

i remember a pair of 1300 new balance from the 1980's were sold and they went for over 500 b/c the japanese dude who bought them was obsessed

it's funny because the papers today ran an article about obsessive compulsive disorders.