Diet & Denims don't mix...

kevinsoofly

madder, do you mean put them in the fridge or put them in the freezer? Please be clear.

Also, this whole thing has got me confused and I ended up defrosting my pies in the tumble dryer! Just going to give my peas a 60 wash now...

Freezer — sorry I thought this was more common knowledge than it is. I've been doing it for two years now.

Glad it has worked out Kevin. I thought they looked ok in your initial pictures but if you want them tight then that's what you're going to have. Good luck.

As for whether faded indigo is Art — that is in the eye of the beholder. But indigo was once, remember, one of the most precious commercial products traded on the planet. If a ship carrying indigo sank it could bankrupt whole companies.

As for whether faded indigo is Art — that is in the eye of the beholder. But indigo was once, remember, one of the most precious commercial products traded on the planet. If a ship carrying indigo sank it could bankrupt whole companies.

...and even turn the water blue!

couldnt this whole thread happened in the small questions thread?

and if you need to put your jeans in a freezer, you really need to wash your fucking pants. ive been doing this for 31 years now, and shit, it gets the smell out better than a freezer.

I guess everyone has had their fair say here but the advantage of the freezer is that it doesn't distress the cotton anywhere near as much as washing. And the initial suggestion was made by Nudies not by me. But if people don't want to try the test then why should I care? Wash wash wash and be damned.

Just remember: this is a forum. So if someone asks for advice we should give the advice that we consider best. If you don't like it then fine, I have no problem defending my view. I've seen lots of fora and they tend over time to a bullying orthodoxy that is usually just plain wrong. Standing against that is an obligation.

. . . A masterpiece can be painted with $20 dollars of paint and $10 bucks for a 12x9 canvas. How is the price of indigo related in any way?

it is a little known fact that until the middle of the 19th century, the world's oceans were clear. one fateful day, during a category 94 typhoon, 2 great shipping vessels, owned by Leviathan's and The Marco Polo company were capsized. On these vessels were eleventy million gallons of the rarest indigo in the world.

The wrecks caused not only the oceans of the world to turn blue, but affected the companies' margins so greatly that they were forced to change their names to Levi's and Polo in order to afford printing and advertising materials. they then devised a method of storing indigo by infusing it with cotton trousers devised by Barholemew Dungaree, esq.

The world has never been the same. Treasure your indigo, for you too may become bankrupt if it washes out of your pants.

Edited by grundletaint

couldnt this whole thread happened in the small questions thread?

and if you need to put your jeans in a freezer, you really need to wash your fucking pants. ive been doing this for 31 years now, and shit, it gets the smell out better than a freezer.

As I mentioned above, "New member of sufu. not sure if i'm supposed to post here, if this isn't the right place for this post, sorry & lock it! =)"

With that being said, this page will be deleted!

wow, thread's crazy, now you know.

I think the fit looks great. If they are to your liking when you're 15lbs heavier, then you are fortunate enough to have found a very versatile fit for yourself.

I thought the freezing thing had been debunked a while ago. The fact is that some bacteria will have random mutations that allow them to survive the cold, and then they'll be the only ones that survive, and then they'll quickly repopulate your jeans. But seriously, they're just jeans. Soak (if unsanforized/if you want to get rid of starch). Then wear, wash, and repeat. If you want maximum contrast, take some sand paper, sand them in the places where you'd see wear until they're totally white, and you've maxed it out. Freeze them if you want, even though it won't do much. Get some radioactive waste, sterilize them (it'll be much more effective than freezing). But that's a lot of trouble to go through just to keep your jeans from touching water.