Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Just put in an order for Alden #8 AF60ish boots with Leather Soul... twiddling of fingers starts now.

congrats. good pickup. i'll be in hawaii in april, so i'll definately be making a stop at leather soul. their website makes me drool:D

I'd like to give some thanks to amlai for destroying my meager savings.

Yes, yes, I know... I'm a bad influence. Though I think I in change need to shift the blame to Tom for destroying both of our meager savings...

Now that the order is a reality, I'm thinking about dumping the AF60s I have (in 9D)... I simply don't wear them often enough. That and I think a 9.5C might be a better fit.

I can't blame Tom at all for some reason. Did you order a pair too?

Yeah... ordered a pair of those, plus a pair of the SF special boot, plus a pair of the #8 wingtip plaza boots... all from LeatherSoul. I think I may need to find an alternate source of supplementary income soon... doing what, I'm not sure...

The reason I blame Tom is that he keeps offering up all these fantastic boots!

Yeah... ordered a pair of those, plus a pair of the SF special boot, plus a pair of the #8 wingtip plaza boots... all from LeatherSoul. I think I may need to find an alternate source of supplementary income soon... doing what, I'm not sure...

The reason I blame Tom is that he keeps offering up all these fantastic boots!

Are the SF specials up for order now? Last I heard they were on the back burner becasuse not enough horses had been dying.

I think the group order is alive again.

The order was originally on the back burner, then it was denied (no specific reason), to suddenly be resurrected. I'm not sure the order is still open to put additional requests on, but if it is, you should email Tom ASAP.

I've been waiting around for Superleather to get started to ask this, and tried in Evolution of Leather goods, but the only recommendations I am getting is for Lexol or similar products that are known to have the potential to damage leather in the long-run, so, I am asking the wealth of leather knowledge here. What is a good regimen to actually clean up an old leather wallet that is indigo and sweat-stained to death. I want to try to get back as much of its original luster as possible?

I've been waiting around for Superleather to get started to ask this, and tried in Evolution of Leather goods, but the only recommendations I am getting is for Lexol or similar products that are known to have the potential to damage leather in the long-run, so, I am asking the wealth of leather knowledge here. What is a good regimen to actually clean up an old leather wallet that is indigo and sweat-stained to death. I want to try to get back as much of its original luster as possible?

I usually clean with saddle soap and soft brush and then oil it up with whatever lube you want you want to use. After a couple of coats and drying, I top it off with either beeswax or neutral paste.

It's been discussed many times what to use but I prefer mink oil because it smells nice.

I usually clean with saddle soap and soft brush and then oil it up with whatever lube you want you want to use. After a couple of coats and drying, I top it off with either beeswax or neutral paste.

It's been discussed many times what to use but I prefer mink oil because it smells nice.

Thanks for the help, but I guess I should clarify...this is going beyond the capabilities of saddle soap.