Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

call the alden store on madison ave in NYC and ask for their flat waxed laces. those should work well.

ill check it out thanks

damn those are sweeeeeeet! where to cop? (I miss eddy)

wouldn't mind a similar pair in brown with a captoe...

got mine through bakers shoe

maybe waxed or leather laces.hm k

back to something that i posted a few days ago, kyle at baker's got my foot tracings and measurements, and he said that i wear a 9.0D in Semi Dress. I don't really understand how i wear a 10 in sneakers, a 9.5D in truebalance, and a 9.0 in SD, but what the fuck? i guess i'm weird haha.

I'm about the same as you. wear 10 in sneakers and 9.5D in trubalance. I wear a 9.5D based on most people's advice in the SD's and just stuck with it. I think there's a little bit of space at the toes but the heel and the sides are hugged nicely. It feels like it fits very well but I haven't tried a 9 to see if it feels even better (can't imagine it would though cuz i like having a little extra space at the toes)

back to something that i posted a few days ago, kyle at baker's got my foot tracings and measurements, and he said that i wear a 9.0D in Semi Dress. I don't really understand how i wear a 10 in sneakers, a 9.5D in truebalance, and a 9.0 in SD, but what the fuck? i guess i'm weird haha.

if it helps, my sneakers are usually 9.5. any boots i've owned have been 9 (red wing 875, danner mountain light 2)

my foot tracings were completely wrong. i'm not sure if i fucked them up or what... but they weren't correct. every boot i've ever purchased has been a 9.5D, and white's said i needed a 10.5D -- i knew that shit was wrong so i ignored it.

my foot tracings were completely wrong. i'm not sure if i fucked them up or what... but they weren't correct. every boot i've ever purchased has been a 9.5D, and white's said i needed a 10.5D -- i knew that shit was wrong so i ignored it.

I think i'm pretty confident with it, and they seem to know what they're doing/ i trust them or no one else would order from them, me thinks.

"If we need to make an adjustment, we will." from kyle at baker's shoes.

thanks, guys. i'm still waiting (about 6 more weeks i think :( ), but i think i'm going to love em. black cxl, black eyelets/hooks, brown edge, curved heel, standard heigh, 2 rows of stitching, and a vibram half sole. thinking that they'll be great!

I had the same thing with the foot tracing... I wear an 11 C in Alden 11.5 sneakers... bakers told me to get a 10 C in SD.... so I ordered a custom pair... way too tight after a few weeks of killing my feet... sold them and bought a 10.5 D on ebay through whites... now the fits pretty nice.

I'd suggest going down a 1/2 size and up a width. seemed to work for me.

You need to have someone else trace your fit, it sounds like you guys were bending down to do it yourself which won't work at all. And then the person tracing needs to have the pencil pointing straight down not bending down into your foot at all.

I had my wife trace them, and I made sure the pencil was straight up and down... you only get one time to get a foot tracing right.

You need to have someone else trace your fit, it sounds like you guys were bending down to do it yourself which won't work at all. And then the person tracing needs to have the pencil pointing straight down not bending down into your foot at all.

i had two different people do it. i did not trace it myself. I followed their instructions 100 percent.

also their price for a standard SD is 100 more than at baker's....

anyone here have experience with the duckie brown-florsheim shoes/boots? i think they are made in india. i've seen some reasonably priced shell shoes and boots i.e. under $600. any info would be appreciated.

Nice choice knucks, leather laces for option.

my new RW2904 lace to toe monkey boots .Worn it for 1week. will post breakin pic soon ,I found out this model are deadstock ,some one who have knowledge about RW please clarify this model.(this pic is on ebay)

KGrHqJiIE3QvDzOBOCUGSTN9Q0_3.jpg

hi, i am new to here (has been browsing for ages :P ). This isnt a deadstock, its a japan or asia ver tho.

http://www.redwingshoe.co.jp/products/index.html

You may find it in rw japan, used for lineman in 1920s ^_^

damn those are sweeeeeeet! where to cop? (I miss eddy)

wouldn't mind a similar pair in brown with a captoe...

do they ship to Belgium?

I really hate the laces that came with my ultimate indies.... want something more like the 1911 beckman laces

I have a pair just like it in the 'standard' 875 leather, ordered them from Japan years ago.

don't think they are still being made in that color, used to be Japan only...

don't know much about this color u got though

Thanks i think so this model for sale in Japan, its RW japan is made in there or still made in USA.

@jensen417 thnks bro.....

Edited by spidereye

yea mine also made in usa for this 2906 model. cheers many thnks for the websites , i found out rw iron ranger mix wth rw engineer boots, damm Jpan design got atitude.

Edited by spidereye

Tiro, I think the ultimate indy's already come with the flat waxed laces no?

definitely flat waxed laces yeah, wish they were a little less thin though...

the flat waxed laces from my beckmans are way nicer (can't seem to find those anywhere though)

got mine through bakers shoe

mighty tempted right now, wish viberg was easier to deal with, now I'm in doubt between the two of 'em

Tiro: check here perhaps http://www.shoestrin...her_laces_8.php They ship to Belgium (I ordered from them before).

thanks, gonna give the 5mm round waxed laces a go I think... hope those aren't too thick

Yuketen Johnson Boot

those would be so nice with other soles imho, leather mid sole, cats paw heel and 705 half sole or something...

i love how comfy cristy soles are but they wear out toooo darn fast

Hey! Might be a long shot.

Got: Pair of unworn SDs, calfskin burgundy, cuban heel, vibram halfsole, antique eyes and hooks. brown single leather sole and side, toe cap.

Want: Pair of unworn or quite unworn SDs, standard dress brown leather, cuban heel, leather sole brown, antique eyes and hooks.

Size 9E

For a possible switch pm, please.

dsc_0067.jpg

dsc_0063.jpg

Edited by denimjunky